McCartney in Houston

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by PatH, Nov 20, 2005.

1. PatH

PatH Second Unit

This is not a music question per se, which is why I didn't post it in the Music area. I saw Paul last night here in Houston, but he started late and I had to leave to catch my paratransit ride. All I want to know is what he sang after "Please Please Me". I heard outside that he was still singing "Let it Be" and that would seem to be the logical (and emotional) place to end things, but I want to know what I missed in between and after, if anything. At least we'll find out if there;s any other HTF member out there who went to the concert. Thanks!

PatH

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I'll let you know what he does in Dallas tonight...it will probably be a similar show. I understand Helter Skelter is on the set list. Woo hoo!

What did you think of the rest of the show?

- Steve

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill
  4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill
    The setlist in that linked article was acurate. After "Let it Be" he said that he and the band had fun, but there came a time that they had to go home, and by coincidence, it was the same time we had to go home. Then he followed with the Sgt. Pepper's reprise where they sing "we're sorry but it's time to go."

And after "The End" it was. Darn it.

- Steve

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

saw him here in sac. what a wonderful show. that guy still has it. and, for me personally, i just couldn't believe how fortunate i was to get to see a *true* rock legend like him perform live. really, it's a concert i doubt i'll ever forget.

when he was doing his beatles songs, i almost got chills. to think of the life he had, his creative genius, and those songs that he performed all those years ... in person ... man it was almost too much. [​IMG]

6. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    What Ted said.

When I went to the show, I was thinking thank God I'm going since who knows if he will tour again. With all the energy and enthusiasm he had, I have a feeling he will be back in a few years..

7. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill
    For some reason, McCartney seems like the kind of chap who will tour well past 64.

But when I saw Simon and Garfunkel last year, I did get the feeling that I would never see them in concert again. For one thing, they are two people who don't always get along. Dallas was their last stop before they headed to Europe, and a number of us were quite conscious that this could be their last American concert. Period. Scary.

But McCartney was awesome. The double-whammy of Live and Let Die and Helter Skelter was enough to raise the temperature 20 degrees and send chills down my spine. Well, okay, it was the pyrotechnics that raised the temps...I'm amazed they could pull that off indoors.

- Steve

8. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I really enjoyed the show out here in the Bay Area but I have to say the opener was pathetic. A DJ!

Counter that by the fact when I caught the Stones their opener was Metallica!

This past month I've been to the Stones, McCartney and U2.
    All three were great.

9. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

good point patrick ... what was up with having a dj as the opening act? for a tad, i thought maybe it was paul himself ... that would have been cool. but i dunno ... most people around us were going wtf?

personally, i thought it was kinda cool, and i liked the techno version of 'coming up' (?) ... but i could see how most pm fans wouldn't "get it".

10. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

I saw Paul McCartney a few years ago when he came to Dallas. The seats were up in the balcony near the side of the stage, at Reunion Arena, but it was still a great show. I think he played for a good three hours non-stop.

11. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

I've seen Paul many times since he began touring again back in 1989, but I have to say I never thought he was better than when I saw him just last month at Madison Square Garden. Amazing for a guy who's 63.

12. Jason Guardiano

Jason Guardiano Stunt Coordinator

Aye, I gotta see Sir Paul live someday.

Techno version of Coming Up? I'm game [​IMG]