What's new

McCale's Navy or Sargent Bilko (1 Viewer)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
2 classic sitcoms that I would buy in a second. But not the colorized McHale's Navy episodes, only the black and white originals. Put those crayons away!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I've never seen an episode of Sgt. Bilko or McHale's Navy... I've seen snippets of the movie McHale's Navy... but that's as far as I have gone.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The Phil Silvers Show but only very mild interest in McHale's Navy. I would have to be totally caught up on all my other purchases. And, given how many DVDs I just had to sell in order to get my laptop, that will take me years.

Page

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a good quantity of "The Phil Silvers Show" shows on VHS when I bought them through Columbia House. (They would send a new tape each month which had a couple of episodes on each tape.) The shows are restored and the video on them is excellent. With that in mind, it wouldn't be that difficult to cut some DVD masters. I just wonder if it's cost effect to do so. How many people in today's day and age know who Sgt. Bilko is and are interested in DVDs? ("No, not that Sgt. Bilko with Steve Martin.")

How many units would they need to sell to break even? Lots of current TV shows yet to be released, still I guess there's no harm in hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks