1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Mcacc

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Curt_Saw, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Curt_Saw

Curt_Saw Auditioning

Does anyone have any information regarding this feature on other makes of receivers. If anyone has heard whether the new models from Denon, Marantz, etc will offer a similar feature please post. I currently own a Denon 1403 that is about 7 years old. I'm getting the upgrade bug and everyone that has the Pioneer's seem to think it's great.

Thanks is advance for the input.

2. kevitra

kevitra Second Unit

The new Yamaha 1400 and 2400 have their own version. Both of those receivers just came out this week and there are no reviews yet. On paper Yamaha's implementation should be a step above MCACC (Yamaha uses parametric EQs instead of graphic).

3. Curt_Saw

Curt_Saw Auditioning

kevitra,

thanks for the reply, was wondering how a yamaha reciever would match with B&W 603s3's, I'll have to look locally for an AV store that sells yamaha.

4. kevitra

kevitra Second Unit

Yamaha is often considered 'bright', but with the room calibration that shouldn't be an issue. You would have to try it with your B&Ws in your room to see how it sounds.