MC5 - A True Testimonial DVD...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jan 2, 2006.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Can anyone help me out here...

I had been following the documentaries pending release closely the past year or so, and understand that due to disputes between the filmmakers and Wayne Kramer, it ended up being dragged into legal limbo.

Now I was just plugging a Google search to see if there had been any updates or progression towards a resolution and eventual release date, and noticed that a few websites actually listed this as being available... including Netflix!

I've seen it for sale on a Ducth website also, albeit it's questionable as to the legitemacy.

I'm just wondering if this has been "officially" released anywhere to date... and if it's true that Netflix actually does have this available to offer?

If not, does anyone 'in the know' have any info or details on the future possibility of this on DVD?

I don't think I've ever been as excited/dissapointed/letdown/frustrated by any potential release to date...

2. David Jay

David Jay Stunt Coordinator

Marco,

I'm a Netflix member and I just checked for you. This film is actually one of the films you can add to your "saved" section, which is reserved for films that haven't been released or even formally announced yet. In fact, if I add it to my Saved list, it says "The release date is currently unknown." So, it seems like it's still in legal limbo, unfortunately.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

[​IMG] Thanks David.

I just found out from a music forum that I post on, that somebody somehow obtained an early pre-release official promo with full artwork and everything, so now I'm on a mission to somehow get my hands on this, at any cost!

Thanks for your help...

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Good luck, Marco!

I had the fortune of seeing this at a rock documenary festival at the Arclight complex here in L.A. a couple of years ago. It's incredible (particularly for someone like me, who grew up about 45 min. south of Detroit). Too bad about the legal issues and infighting between Wayne Kramer and the filmmakers. Bury the hatchet, fellows-- please!

5. SidSalts

SidSalts Auditioning

Anyone who's interested in buying a legit copy of "A True Testimonial" can email me at Plaidrice2 AT aol DOT com. Yes, these things are very rare!