MC Chris

Discussion in 'Music' started by mattCR, Oct 20, 2005.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I don't know how many have followed MC Chris (his website is his name.. and add .com)

It's a rather unusual mix of comedy + hip hop. But the presentation is solid, and suprisingly "works". Most rap acts come off as just "blah" but MC Chris manages to at least put something out with a few more creative rhyming schemes then most, with an almost Young MC-esque speed.

I know that not everyone is a hip hop fan; but if you are, or if you're a fan of Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) definitely give it a try. [​IMG]

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    His voice is a little too high for my taste. I feel like I'm listening to my 12 year old nephew saying inappropriate things. [​IMG] BTW, how old is MC Chris?

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I love the Robitussin song, rapping over the aracde music to Gauntlet [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

and i thought i was the only one who listened to mc chris. i downloaded his album "life's a bitch and i'm her pimp" close to a year ago. i've burned myself out on it, but i used to listen to it daily. i got turned onto it after watching sealab 2021 (notice my city/state info under my name).

kevin t

5. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Watching him in concert is a riot. What is cool is that he hangs out in the audience and watches the other bands, hangs out and talks to the people who are there to watch the show.

It's one of those rare small-crowd only things that is pretty much a riot. If you liked "Life's a Bitch.." you might check out "Eatin' Ain't Cheatin'" the new album.

Any rapper who hops on stage in front of a giant banner that reads "Fake Rap for Real People" is worth the price of admission.

6. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

just checked out his website. i see he's coming to my town on nov. 26. i might have to go check it out.

kevin t