What's new

MB Quart, opinions? (1 Viewer)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
"Well I went back to Yawa today (70 mile round trip on Saturday did not take as long as I feared). I went there just to say hi to the great people there who have helped me put together a kickass HT for a reasonable price over the last half-decade."

Kind of like "just going to look at puppies." You know dang well in the back of your mind that you're coming home with something. That's how we ended up with our Siberian Husky. Couldn't resist the little ball of fur running around. And, that's how I ended up with my HT setup, much to my wife's dismay.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay Jon, you got me. Definitely won't be showing this thread (or at least your response) to the girlfriend though...

Plausible deniability. ;)

Mike Mitrook

Agent
Congrats on the new MB Quarts. I'm a long time MB Quart home speaker owner. I bought my first pair (the 390) back in 1990. Still have those for music. I have the d45 towers with center and balcony surrounds for the family room home theater. Well, okay... I've got a pair of the Ones with CTR in the bedroom as well.

Now that you have the 1030s, keep us posted as to how you like them after a couple of weeks. I'm thinking about them or the 830s for the dedicated HT I'm planning for the new house. If I don't go with the MB Quart line I might go with PSB or Def Tech. Your thoughts on the current Quart product might help.

I think you'll be very happy with your choice over time.
Mike

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

I hope you'll give the new MBQuarts a listen to if possible. The dealer I shop at is also a PSB dealer and I much preferred the MBQ "S" series on his showroom floor to any of the PSBs he had there (I don't know what line they were, could have been the bronze line). I have not heard Def Techs so I can't comment on those.

Break-in is happening nicely now. What little bit of excessive "brightness" there was in the beginning has all but dissipated. Last night I played Anne-Sophie Mutter's new (2000'ish) CD of Vivaldi's Four Seasons and the sound was heavenly. Whenever I leave my place I leave a CD running and the timer on the receiver to 1 hour in order to get extra use of the speakers. I also have the TV running through the system now rather than using the TV speakers.

Hopefully this weekend or next will be the shootout between the C6s and the MBQs.

Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks