1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mayberry RFD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*Wells, Dec 2, 2019.

1. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    Season one was released by Warner Archive MOD in February 2017. Nothing since. WA had stated that season 2 would come and it hasn’t which has me worried that the hold up may have something to do with a lawsuit regarding music rights involving Earl Hagens estate. Am I right?

2. cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k Agent

Chad
    I'd say it more likely is due to lack of interest on their part, and/or poor sales. I'm one of the few (I would guess) Andy Griffith fans that actually likes RFD, so I'm right there with you. I wish they'd complete it. Time Life's "Mayberry Collection" set recently included some episodes of Mayberry RFD in that set, including a few of the Season 2/3 episodes. I wouldn't have thought they would have been able to do that if it was a music dispute. Fortunately a year or so ago when the series ran on Decades during one of their "Binge" weekends I was able to have someone record the whole thing. It isn't perfect, but the quality is better than the old TV Land/MeTV sets floating around. It'll do until something better comes along.

Blimpoy06 likes this.
  3. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    Wasn't Season 1 of Mayberry RFD a retail release first , then a Warner Archive MOD? If so , maybe most of the potential audience bought it in stores , and that's why there wasn't a big demand for the MOD.I have that release,but I'm not sure about where I purchased it , but count me in among those who would buy the rest of the seasons . Always nice to escape to Mayberry , even without Andy and Barney .

4. cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k Agent

Chad
    The word was the retail release was "discontinued" due to poor sales, and then they brought it back as MOD. Why they didn't just do Seasons 2 & 3 then is beyond me too!

5. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    Warner Archive typically has series releases within 6-9 months of each other. They originally said sales were high. I guess I got too excited when Perfect Strangers was completed. I thought since that was done after being dormant for 10 years, everything else for Mayberry RFD would come easily