What's new

Mayberry RFD (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Season one was released by Warner Archive MOD in February 2017. Nothing since. WA had stated that season 2 would come and it hasn’t which has me worried that the hold up may have something to do with a lawsuit regarding music rights involving Earl Hagens estate. Am I right?

cpalmer2k

Agent
Real Name
Chad
I'd say it more likely is due to lack of interest on their part, and/or poor sales. I'm one of the few (I would guess) Andy Griffith fans that actually likes RFD, so I'm right there with you. I wish they'd complete it. Time Life's "Mayberry Collection" set recently included some episodes of Mayberry RFD in that set, including a few of the Season 2/3 episodes. I wouldn't have thought they would have been able to do that if it was a music dispute. Fortunately a year or so ago when the series ran on Decades during one of their "Binge" weekends I was able to have someone record the whole thing. It isn't perfect, but the quality is better than the old TV Land/MeTV sets floating around. It'll do until something better comes along.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'd say it more likely is due to lack of interest on their part, and/or poor sales. I'm one of the few (I would guess) Andy Griffith fans that actually likes RFD, so I'm right there with you. I wish they'd complete it. Time Life's "Mayberry Collection" set recently included some episodes of Mayberry RFD in that set, including a few of the Season 2/3 episodes. I wouldn't have thought they would have been able to do that if it was a music dispute. Fortunately a year or so ago when the series ran on Decades during one of their "Binge" weekends I was able to have someone record the whole thing. It isn't perfect, but the quality is better than the old TV Land/MeTV sets floating around. It'll do until something better comes along.
Wasn't Season 1 of Mayberry RFD a retail release first , then a Warner Archive MOD? If so , maybe most of the potential audience bought it in stores , and that's why there wasn't a big demand for the MOD.I have that release,but I'm not sure about where I purchased it , but count me in among those who would buy the rest of the seasons . Always nice to escape to Mayberry , even without Andy and Barney .

cpalmer2k

Agent
Real Name
Chad
Wasn't Season 1 of Mayberry RFD a retail release first , then a Warner Archive MOD? If so , maybe most of the potential audience bought it in stores , and that's why there wasn't a big demand for the MOD.I have that release,but I'm not sure about where I purchased it , but count me in among those who would buy the rest of the seasons . Always nice to escape to Mayberry , even without Andy and Barney .

The word was the retail release was "discontinued" due to poor sales, and then they brought it back as MOD. Why they didn't just do Seasons 2 & 3 then is beyond me too!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Warner Archive typically has series releases within 6-9 months of each other. They originally said sales were high. I guess I got too excited when Perfect Strangers was completed. I thought since that was done after being dormant for 10 years, everything else for Mayberry RFD would come easily

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
It's odd that Mayberry RFD isn't out in its entirety. It aired just three seasons and 78 half-hour episodes. It was popular in the ratings when it was originally on TV, and was cancelled prematurely as apart of the "rural purge", a network practice of cancelling rural-themed shows in favor of urban-themed content. Mayberry RFD was just one of many TV shows axed in the late 1960s/early 1970s by the three major networks.

It really wouldn't take much (in my mind at least) to have the whole series out. They could spread the whole series out on 12 discs. I'd like to see it out but I doubt the market is big enough to warrant the complete series on DVD.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
84 episodes of Mayberry R.F.D. this weekend on Decades! Began today @ 12 noon EST.

Mayberry R.F.D.jpg

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
That should cover the entire series airing on this channel as this will most probably be the best chance we get all the episodes airing of this classic gem.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That should cover the entire series airing on this channel as this will most probably be the best chance we get all the episodes airing of this classic gem.
It looked like they were focusing on the Andy or Aunt Bee episodes ...

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
It looked like they were focusing on the Andy or Aunt Bee episodes ...
But Andy only guested in a couple episodes of Mayberry RFD.

I think I recorded all of season 2 and 3 when Decades had a Mayberry binge weekend a couple years ago.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
According to the Decades schedule of this binge, they started airing first episode of the show on Saturday at 11 AM CT and through looking at the schedule, the last episode would have just aired at 12:30 AM CT this morning and then from 1-5 AM to conclude the binge, they just selected certain episodes to fill out the schedule, but this binge did air all the episodes of the show this past weekend.

Next weekend is the Dean Martin Roasts binge and then the week after that, A Family Affair will air.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks