What's new

Mayberry RFD (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
at this point is it a matter of Clearances? Or is Warner just not going to release Season 2 and 3 because MOD Sales didnt meet expectation?

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I can't see this being much a hot seller. I can see it just going to places like MeTV or streaming.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I can't see this being much a hot seller. I can see it just going to places like MeTV or streaming.

Yeah I bought Season One from Warner Archive last year so I could have all of the Mayberry related Series'. At the time, I thought Warner Archive was planning to release Seasons 2 and 3. I have Tweeted to them and was advised there was no News on it. I have also been searching periodically through the internet and haven't seen anything .. So I figured either they just didnt get the return n investment they wanted or With Ken Berry deceased it may be an estate issue

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
at this point is it a matter of Clearances? Or is Warner just not going to release Season 2 and 3 because MOD Sales didnt meet expectation?
The original WHV release sold out so they re-released it through WAC that's an indication that it sold well enough. They do say no news now but previously they said they had plans to release season 2 and 3. They said they had to clear them, then re-master them before they could release them. So I think no news just means they have not completed what is needed to release them.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
As evidenced by the Mr. Novak release, I think the days of Warner Archive going through the expense of remastering are over and any future releases will be like the original premise of "whatever elements we have available".

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Maybe the advertising doods would love to know that Jodie Foster guest-starred in three episodes because her brother Buddy Foster was Ken Berry's son ... in the show ...

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
For what it's worth, I saw Time Life post a cover photo for their FB page advertising a "Mayberry Collection" this morning, which appears to include the Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pule, U.S.M.C. and Mayberry RFD. I don't have any more information than that, but it's something (and maybe why WAC hasn't released anything further).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, I saw Time Life post a cover photo for their FB page advertising a "Mayberry Collection" this morning, which appears to include the Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pule, U.S.M.C. and Mayberry RFD. I don't have any more information than that, but it's something (and maybe why WAC hasn't released anything further).

16 episodes on that set, not the complete series. So, for now, we'll just have to make due with our TNT recordings of the last 2 seasons.

Real Name
Nick M.
The 16 episodes of Mayberry RFD include 7 from the first season and 9 from seasons 2 and 3. The listing promotes the season 2 & 3 episodes states previously unreleased on DVD. Here is the episode listing:

• Disc 1

• Mayberry R.F.D.
    • Season 1 (1968-69)
    • Andy and Helen Get Married
    • Original Air Date: September 23, 1968
    • Guests: Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, Ronny Howard, Aneta Corsaut
    • The Harvest Ball
    • Original Air Date: September 30, 1968
    • Help on the Farm
    • Original Air Date: October 14, 1968
    • Guest: Andy Griffith
    • The Panel Show
    • Original Air Date: October 28, 1968
    • Youth Takes Over
    • Original Air Date: November 11, 1968
    • Guests: Andy Griffith, Calvin Peeler
    • Mike’s Losing Streak
    • Original Air Date: December 2, 1968
    • Guest: Andy Griffith
    • An Efficient Service Station
    • Original Air Date: March 3, 1969
    • Season 2 (1969)
    • Andy’s Baby
    • Original Air Date: September 22, 1969
    • Guests: Andy Griffith, Aneta Corsaut
  • Disc 2

• Mayberry R.F.D.

• Season 2 (1969-70)
    • Goober and the Telephone Girl
    • Original Air Date: October 13, 1969
    • Guest: Luana Anders
    • The Caper
    • Original Air Date: November 10, 1969
    • The Mayberry Road
    • Original Air Date: February 16, 1970
    • Season 3 (1970-71)
    • Community Spirit
    • Original Air Date: November 23, 1970
    • The Bicycle Club
    • Original Air Date: December 7, 1970
    • Howard the Dream Spinner
    • Original Air Date: December 28, 1970
    • Guest: Margaret Ann Peterson
    • The Moon Rocks
    • Original Air Date: January 25, 1971
    • Guest: Gary Crosby
    • The City Planner
    • Original Air Date: March 22, 1971
    • Guest: Ruta Lee

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Well, here's hoping they do eventually release both seasons of RFD and we can chalk it up to another completed series, as stranger things have happened.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I bought the DVD of Season 1 when it originally came out. The picture quality was good, but the audio was way too low. I had to crank up the volume setting to almost maximum to get it at a decent level. I am not sure if the sound levels on the reissued DVDs are any better. Does anyone have the reissued edition?

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Since these come in regular cases, I'm assuming that they will make their way into stores separately (and much cheaper).

If so, I will pick up the Andy Griffith set. I have the 2 disc best of, which leaves a lot to be desired.

I wish more shows had expansive best of sets. The RFD set would possibly interest me, but I don't need Gomer.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
My problem with that is that most of the episodes considered BEST in releases like that are not the ones I'd choose.

Well, it's better than the 2 disc existing best of, or whatever collection. To me, the essential ones (several of which are represented in the new collection) are:

-the timeless "moral" ones usually involving Opie
- Barnie crime caper ones, and some of his other bigger antics related stories
- Antics involving other characters, or important episodes of the main characters (well, important relative to a sitcom of that era)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Really hoping for Seasons 2 & 3 of Mayberry especially when Season 1 sold out - so well they did a re-release of it.

This "Best of" is just "5 easy payments of $19.99". Good grief. What would be "easy" to me is if they would just release Seasons 2 and 3. I'm skipping this thing even though I would like to have the missing episodes.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
I don’t think it’s awful - “Small Wonder” is my idea of awful - it’s just dull. It’s competently produced, but there are very few laughs, and the cast isn’t particularly memorable.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
So has anyone who bought the original DVD release of Season 1 notice the audio levels being really low?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks