1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mayberry RFD update. Potential good news

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*Wells, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Message #21 of 31 Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    Speaking for myself, I think it would be a lot to ask for extras to be produced, or rights paid for existing packages, for a MOD set. The thought never even crossed my mind that there would be extras.

But the episode menus are, as Jed Clampett would say, "Pitiful. Just pitiful."

Jeff Flugel likes this.
  2. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    One of my great personal disappointments is that my favorite TAGS season (1963-64) is exactly where the inclusion of those wonderful sponsor spots ceased on the DVD sets! :(

Oh, what great, but long forgotten spots were done during this great 4th TAGS season, with the show's ensemble cast at its zenith?

CHEERS! :)

Jeff Flugel and Blimpoy06 like this.
  3. Blimpoy06

Blimpoy06 Supporting Actor

Darin

phenri, Tony Bensley and Jeff Flugel like this.
  4. Blimpoy06

Darin
  5. Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel Supporting Actor

Jeff Flugel
    Boy, do I love those in character sponsor spots on those first few seasons sets of The Andy Griffith Show. Ditto for The Beverly Hillbillies. Too bad, as Tony says, they didn't continue including them for the later seasons (or at least seasons 4 and 5, which is where my collecting ends for TAGS.)

Warner Archive never seems to add any bonus material on their releases, unless it was already produced for an earlier Warner Bros. DVD release - and that's usually for movies and not TV series.

Flashgear, Blimpoy06 and Tony Bensley like this.
  6. Blimpoy06

Darin
    I like them better when they are a part of the episode as aired. The Season One blu-ray has that option for all episodes. The 50th Anniversary DVD had certain episodes with them integrated in the show as well.

7. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

There were no extras on the retail set of MRFD either and I believe the menus are the same. Warner never uses fancy menus on TV shows. As pointed out no worries on Professional made DVD-r from WAC. After nearly 10 years we should be past this urban legend. I have nearly 400 of them from WAC since 2009 and none have gone bad but I have several pressed discs from before that which have gone bad. When it comes to the picture quality a file is a file. When it comes to longevity no disc will last forever and no evidence that pressed will last longer. The only difference is DVD-r can scratch easier since they don't have the protective coating.

Flashgear and Jeff Flugel like this.
  8. Carabimero

Carabimero Producer
    Supporter

Alan
    I got an email from WB Shop saying there's free shipping today (3/7/18) on all DVD, BD and UHD orders over $25. Everything else is free shipping with no minimum.

9. Darling

Darling Auditioning

Melissa
    I just bought Season 1 on Amazon Prime streaming last night after rewatching ALL the old TAGS five or six times on Netflix. At 55 I grew up with these shows but remembered very little of RFD. I'm loving it. Already gobbled up 6 episodes.

Jeff Flugel likes this.
  10. bmasters9

bmasters9 Cinematographer

Ben Masters
    I thought for certain that Ron Howard would have had some remembrances at least, being as he seems to be the only original cast member still here!

Tony Bensley and Jeff Flugel like this.
  11. Message #31 of 31 Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John
    I’m hoping we hear something soon about the release of season 2 and season 3 of RFD it’s bee almost 9 months since season one was re released. Once I get Season 2 and 3 I’ll have everything Mayberry with TAGS, Return to Mayberry, Mayberry RFD and Gomer Pyle USMC finished. I’d buy Gomer again if an uncut version were ever released

Edit: Speaking of Gomer, any Chance of a Blu Ray release with Music rights Cleared up?