What's new

Maybe we'll get all anamorphic Rocky's afterall... (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Having a Rocky VI seems like an awfully high price to pay just to get better DVD transfers on a couple of the other ones.
However, at least we won't be tortured by another crappy Rambo movie. It should have ended with First Blood.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
"Then what is it you want?"

"I want" (points at freed VietNam vet prisoners of war) "what THEY want. And what every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything they had wants. For our country to love us as much as we love it! THAT is what I want."
I think that such a memorable line at the conclusion of such a popular action/popcorner transformed the attitudes of a ton of Americans who saw it. As a 20-year-old who grew up believing that VietNam and those that fought there were "all wrong", it helped open MY eyes that the soldiers themselves should not be blamed or shunned as a group. Combining it with the first powerful film, added up to a new way of thinking...for MANY Americans.

The new attitudes transformed us so powerfully that we actually supported our troops in the Persian Gulf War, when going in there was little expectation for support of what at the time was called "The Oil War".

Now Rambo 3, on the other hand, you can keep...

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I think that First Blood is one of the most underrated films of the last 20 or so years. It's not perfect, but it's darn good. Sorry, a bit off topic there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks