What's new

Maybe Shatner & SNL were right.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Let me start this by saying I collect autographs. I try to do mattes of the main cast. But, after receiving this email. I think its some autograph/scifi shows are boardering on the Shatner "get a life" skit on SNL. Here is the guest list for the show....

Now, you want Peter Mayhews or Anthony Daniels autographs, thats cool I did. But, do we really need to have Terence Mustoo's? How much screen time did he have...10 seconds? But, to each his own. I am not condeming anyone. Just giving my opinion.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I'm reminded of a What's Happening episode where Roger was trying to impress a girl by saying he was in the movies. "Really, which one?" she said.

"Well, did you see Star Wars?

"Wow...you were in Star Wars? Which one were you?"

"I was him" Roger said. "Actually, I was one of the Stormtroopers" (which, of course, was still BS)

I've done extra work and it's kind of fun and kind of sucks all at the same time, but I'd never claim any real fame from them.

Now Warwick Davis is a bona fide star in Sci-Fi. Strange that they mentioned the obscure character names for some of the other people, but there's no mention of Warwick in Phantom Menace. It seems to be geard around Star Wars, but he's been in all of the Harry Potter movies to date too. Anyone know off hand if he was in Clones or Sith?

If people truly line up for some of these people, then I'd say the Shatner/SNL connection is completely validated.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

OMG, I can't believe they don't have Arthur Howell in there. His stormtrooper was a million times better than these other guys' stromtrooper. (Yes, I had to go to imdb.com for this joke.:D)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have a friend who has the autograph of the guy who played the Gorn on Star Trek. Payed $10 bucks for it too if i recall. He said he got it because he knew id ask, WHY?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

I don't remember any "Mon Calamari Musician" in Empire Strikes Back, or in any of the movies for that matter.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I think that this is very common. I have acted with people who had one time gigs on Star Trek and Stargate series and have had people track them down for autographs. I guess it is sort of like card collecting in Pokemon or something.

I am just jealous that no one wants my autograph.

(not yet anyway) :D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Was one of those guys the stormtrooper than bangs his head on the door? That's all I'd really hope to learn from this experience. Well, that and how they could keep from laughing when listening to David Prowse recite the Vader dialogue. :D

Brad

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Hey, I saw the original Star Wars on it's OPENING weekend. Does anybody want my autograph?

I also saw episodes 5 and 6 on their opening weekends.

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
I would be happy to provide my autograph to anyone interested.

My 0 seconds of fame would be as 'the person not appearing in the basketball scene in Talk Radio'.

And for any true fans, I could also provide my friend Chris's autograph. he was 'the other person not appearing in the basketball scene in Talk Radio'.

Bond. Paul Bond.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
What'll really be pathetic is if someone in the "Star Wars Collectibles" thread starts boasting about having acquired a collectible figure of the "third stormtrooper from the left" in episode so and so.

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Chris

Are you saying that this is bad?

My collections is just about complete.........If I can get George Jetson and Astros (autograph) I can finally die a happy man!!!!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I walked through the Airport somewhere but maybe not on film in the Kevin Smith film "Dogma"

Please pay me now. I will gladly sign whatever.

My other roles include:

Accidentally walking through a Television reporter do the weather in 1997.

Seen somewhere in the concert video of REM, I would be the guy in the RED shirt somewhere in the middle.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I haven't really attended any conventions, save for one in 2004 in Chicago, some horror convention where I was selling my trailer disc. Although the biggest draw there was George Romero, there were other "names" like Sid Haig, Joe Bob Briggs, Bill Mosely and Dee Wallace Snider I think. Some of the other draws were cast members of Day of the Dead, had a hilarious experience with my friend with Joe Pilato as he was leaving. He's totally washed up and charges way too much for his autograph. The second LEatherface was there too, he was a real cool guy, giving my friend and I some leftover pizza in the hotel lobby (we chatted with him on occasion throughout the weekend). We had our table next to Irwin Keyes, he kicks ass. Not really a name, but that guy you see in movies and can't place him, but you know his face.... It was also hilarious to see some of the Trekkies and star wars guys dressed up in costumes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I went to the Chiller show in NJ last October and almost all of those actors were there. Also, having a Day of the Dead reunion. Their also was a bunch of other B-list actors there. It was sad to see the guy who played Bub in Day of the Dead and who played Lex Luther in the Superboy series. I was at the show for 3 hours and I don't think one person came to his table. You can tell who was there for the money, who was their for past glory and who was their because they appreciate the fans. They must make a fortune. They had the 3 castmembers from I Dream of Jeannie....Eden, Hagman and Daily. I was at the show on the last day and one of the first people in the show when it opened. He made a comment about being there that morning for 20 minutes and already made a few hundred bucks. Eden had a line out the door all day both days. She was charging $25-30 a sig. She must have cleared over 20k that weekend easy. Plus since its all cash...you know that ain't getting claimed.
On a final note. Kevin Sorbo was there. He was actually very nice. We had a short conversation about college. We both agreed we missed the fun times we each had at our respective schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks