What's new

maybe i don't hate comedy central that much anymore... (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
for those of us who have never heard of this "brilliance" can you fill us in with some back-round info?

edited to ad that i never heard of the people or the show.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, especially since Michael Ian Black is the most annoying human on the planet aside from Star Jones.

The sketches they host on college humor seem like the same kind of stuff my friends shot on camcorder in highschool.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this. I've only seen part of their Comedy Central Presents but I was also a huge fan of MTV's The State.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i shouldnt have been so forward. i didnt really mean that i already thought it was brilliant, because i dont really think they are. [sarcasm]but if the show turned out to be great, CC would likely cancel it [/sarcasm] and in comparison to the garbage currently on CC (blue collar tv), it is genius :frowning:

CJ

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Watch Wet Hot American Summer to see some of the brilliance of these guys. One of the funniest movies in a long time.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
So did anyone catch "Stella" last night? I thought it was great which (as alluded to earlier) surely means cancellation. Don Mueller's surgery scene and the ending really had me laughing. Not to mention the surprising cameo. With "Reno 911" preceding it was a nice "State" flavored evening.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"Do you know my husband, Ed Norton?"
"Not personally, but I'm a fan."

"Not all Germans are Nazis."
"That's not how I understand it."

Great show. The revelation of Muellers identity had me in tears. The Michaels and David were in top form and I look forward to the rest of the episodes.

DonaldB

Supporting Actor
Wow, this show was awful beyond words. I like Michael Ian Black, but neither he nor anyone on the show made me laugh even once. Very disappointing.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Vince, make sure to tell your friends to talk with Comedy Central.

And I'm sorry that my opinion of Michael Ian Black being funny was so horribly incorrect. I'll know to ask next time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Actually, the stuff my friends did in high school was cleverer than the material on "Stella." It's like uninspired improv.

I gave it a shot, but only made it about half way through. No laughs.

No offense intended to those who enjoyed it. To each his own. . .

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I saw the first 15 minutes of their special and didn't think it was funny at all, so I gave up.

~T

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
So when "I Love The 80s 3-D" and "I Love The 70s, Part 2" come around this year, will Black being doing commentary by himself or with Stella? Then again, if this is successful, will he ever do any of those "I Love..." programs again?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Yes, both those "I Love..." programs are on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.