What's new

May have found my first SP2 bug..argh (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I downloaded XP SP2 a coouple nights ago, and all semmed well.

Tonight I went to copy some cd's and DVD's and low and behold, NONE of my burning programs (Roxio, Nero, etc) recognize my PC's OEM Sony DW-U18A dvd recorder. They just think I have the single cd DRIVE (bay2)I never had this problem prior to the SP2.

I emailed my PC manufacturer (Medion) to ask for suggestions, but I wanted to see what you folks thought.

The drive does show up in Device Manager and I found no driver updates anywhere.

Wondering if I should restore my system to the point I set BEFORE the SP2 download or would that cause major headaches?

Thanks for any input you all may have.

Alfer

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
UPDATE: I feel dumb ..that's what I get for being up this late.

Turns out I had to reboot and everything was fine again.

HOWEVER..When I went into Roxio 7 and tried to burn, it said no drives detected...sure enough, all my other none ROxio burning programs (DVD Decrypter, Nero etc) all thought I had no burner. I had to reboot to get the burner to show back up in all programs.

Looks like I'm off to the Roxio Support groups...:)

Alfer

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
There are several bugs with SP2 - it's too late for you, but I'm not holding my breath as far as getting it...

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I found an odd one - or at least something I never saw on SP1. Winamp (2.91) will occssionally disappear from the task bar but still continue playing. If I click on the shortcut it appear again with no interupption to the playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks