What's new

May be charged twice for fight?!?! (1 Viewer)

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
okay, i know you guys may not be interested in watching this weekends boxing event but i am interested in watching it on both my TV's, i have directv and it seems as if i can only order it for one TV at a time. ?? i don't get it, can anyone help in this situation? thanks!

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
how would a splitter work before? before the receiver or after? i mean, i have HD (rgb)lines on the tv its going to be on? could i connect the splitter outside where the lines come in from the dish?

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
From the DirecTV web site FAQ:
Q: I have two receivers. Can I order a pay per view movie on one receiver and watch it on both TVs in my house?
A: No. Each pay per view order is specific to the receiver on which it is ordered. When you place a pay per view order, the receiver on which you placed the order begins displaying the signal, "authorizes you for the purchase" and stores the record of your purchase on the access card in the receiver.
Basically, you'll need to run a feed from the receiver you buy the PPV on to the second TV. It would make most sense to order it on the receiver connected to the HDTV. (If both sets are HDTV, then you're stinking rich and can afford to buy it twice, even at $60 a pop. :))
I assume it's more than several feet to the second TV, so you'll probably need to use RG-6 coax rather than S-video or composite.
Ryan

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
RG-6 is commonly accepted as the standard for digital satellite -- I've not heard of RG-12 being used in home entertainment applications. Is it primarily used in networking, or am I just ignorant? :)
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/ele...coax_chart.htm
RG-59 would probably work, too, since the signal isn't high-bandwidth digital anymore, but you'd get best results with RG-6.
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyT66
Recent bookmarks