1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

May 24 - Baa Baa Black Sheep!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David Lambert, Mar 7, 2005.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Dave, Thanks for making my Monday!!!

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Todd, you must really like to picture David naked.

Oh, you mean . . . the DVD news made your Monday! [​IMG] Mine, too, along with confirmation of Airwolf for the same day. Man. What a great day that'll be!

4. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Add me to the "dancing" list [​IMG] I'd almost forgotten about the "Black Sheep" series over the years. I'll have to consider getting "Airwolf" on a semi-blind buy as well. If I recall, I only saw a couple of those at the time. This forum's "too much" for TV/DVD nuts like me :b

5. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

Baa Baa Black Sheep was the original title of the 1970s Robert Conrad series set in WWII, which lasted less than 2 years. I think it was as good as it was because the real Gregory "Pappy" Boyington (the role Conrad played) was a technical advistor to the series, and his flying misfits still managed to become heroes under his guidance.

I always refer to this series by its second name Black Sheep Squadron. A few of the men in the squadron included John Larroquette in his first TV series, Dirk Blocker (Dan's son), and James Whitmore, Jr (who eventually became a TV director).

One of Bob Conrad's stuntmen from The Wild Wild West -- a man named Red West, was given an expanded role in Black Sheep Squadron as Sgt. Micklin, their mechanic. He had also been a close friend and assistant to Elvis Presley when Elvis was touring the U.S. in the early 1970s, and in the previous decade had roles in a number of Presley's movies. Red continues to act today.

6. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Hmmm. I just planned to get this and didn't look too closely at the details. Baa Baa Black Sheep Volume 1? So, it's not the full season? According to TVShows:

Well, I guess that's okay. Kind of the Lost in Space/Combat route. Unlike the latter, of course, there's no word on when Volume 2 will hit.

Actually, looking closer, it's not all that okay. It has a suggested price of $39.98. So, basically, it's going to be a suggested price of nearly $80 to have one season of a total of 24 episodes? Unless this is heavily discounted the first week of release, I might have to rethink this purchase.

Amazon's price right now is $27.99. So, we're looking at about $56 for the whole season. I'm not sure I can do that. Just as a comparison, you can get the A-Team complete Season 2 right now at Amazon for $37.49.

7. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

and i picked up the entire first season (22 eps) of Kojak for $29.99 ($39.99 msrp).

it would be nice if Universal had a little parity or consistency in their pricing.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg
    I think I actually bought the second season of A-Team for around $25. The Best Buy RewardZone finally paid off, since they offered a discount on that title.

9. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

If you go by Amazon's pricing, the entire series should run about $85, if they release the other episodes. I think this series only had 36 or 37 episodes.

My dad really liked this show. I'll be picking up a copy for myself and another to give him on Father's Day.