What's new

May 21: Costa-Garvas' "Z"-SE... (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
from a Wellspring trade ad:

From the WELLSPRING 'MASTERWORKS' EDITIONS Series-

Costa-Garvas "Z" (1969)-hailed as one of the greatest political thrillers ever made.

Based on the true story of a Greek Doctor and Peace activist who is

murdered by the Government, which led to an abortive public scandal in 1963.

Starring Yves Montand, Jean-Louis Trintignannt, and Irene Papas

Hi-Def Remaster for 16x9/1:66 WS, color 127 mins

French 5.1/French Stereo; English Spanish German subtitles

Commentary track with Costa-Garvas, a Restoration Demo,

Photo file, Archives, and Filmography, Theatrical Trailer and Weblinks

MSRP:$29.95 Street: May 21 DVD FLV5326/VHS FLV1300

GerardC

Agent
Ah, best news so far this month. Nice to see it will be a quality release, thanks for the info Mark!

GerardC

Agent
Well, in keeping with the outburst of happiness on this forum following the announcement of this release :D I can now provide the cheapest price on the net. Go to DVDBoxoffice and search under Z: The Masterworks Edition. A price slightly over US $13, including worldwide free shipping.
DVDBoxoffice

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is great news. This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I remember seeing this movie in May 1970. As some will recall, there were major riots on college campuses right after the shooting or 4 students at Kent State University on May 4, 1970. There seemed, at the time, to be a lot similarities between what was going on in the movie and the U.S. at the time.

Through dvdpricesearch.com most of the e-tailers are showing June 25 as the release date. Digital Eyes was the only e-tailer showing May 21 as the release date. Does anyone know what's going on here and which is the correct release date? This will be one I pre-order online. I can't imagine Best Buy carrying this title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks