May 21: Costa-Garvas' "Z"-SE...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark_TS, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

from a Wellspring trade ad:

From the WELLSPRING 'MASTERWORKS' EDITIONS Series-

Costa-Garvas "Z" (1969)-hailed as one of the greatest political thrillers ever made.

Based on the true story of a Greek Doctor and Peace activist who is

murdered by the Government, which led to an abortive public scandal in 1963.

Starring Yves Montand, Jean-Louis Trintignannt, and Irene Papas

Hi-Def Remaster for 16x9/1:66 WS, color 127 mins

French 5.1/French Stereo; English Spanish German subtitles

Commentary track with Costa-Garvas, a Restoration Demo,

Photo file, Archives, and Filmography, Theatrical Trailer and Weblinks

MSRP:$29.95 Street: May 21 DVD FLV5326/VHS FLV1300

2. GerardC

GerardC Agent

Ah, best news so far this month. Nice to see it will be a quality release, thanks for the info Mark!

3. GerardC

GerardC Agent

Well, in keeping with the outburst of happiness on this forum following the announcement of this release [​IMG] I can now provide the cheapest price on the net. Go to DVDBoxoffice and search under Z: The Masterworks Edition. A price slightly over US $13, including worldwide free shipping.
    DVDBoxoffice

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

This is great news. This is one of my all-time favorite movies. I remember seeing this movie in May 1970. As some will recall, there were major riots on college campuses right after the shooting or 4 students at Kent State University on May 4, 1970. There seemed, at the time, to be a lot similarities between what was going on in the movie and the U.S. at the time.

Through dvdpricesearch.com, most of the e-tailers are showing June 25 as the release date. Digital Eyes was the only e-tailer showing May 21 as the release date. Does anyone know what's going on here and which is the correct release date? This will be one I pre-order online. I can't imagine Best Buy carrying this title.