1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Maximum cable length

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Will T, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Will T

Will T Auditioning

How should I connect a DVD player to my Panasonic PT-AE700U projector when they are in opposite ends of the room? The only logical place for me to place the components is in the front of the room about 35 feet from the projector, which is in the back of the room. I could ceiling mount the projector and cut that down to 25 feet, but I really wanted the ceiling to be open with the projector in the back wall, but the back wall is too shallow for the components.

Can S-video go this far? It also has HDMI input. This is going to cost me isn't it? Any input appreciated.

Will

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    You won’t have a problem with that length, performance-wise. The only problem is that it will probably have to be a custom cable. Contact Blue Jeans Cables, one of our Forum sponsors – they should be able to fix you up.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt