Maximal REL Storm III Hook-up

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by DipakP, Jul 10, 2003.

1. DipakP

DipakP Auditioning

Hello All
    I have a rel storm III's that i am currently using with a neutrik interconnect to supplement the weaker bass on my revel f-30 right and left speakers. My question is would it make better send to use this rel as the dedicated subwoofer in my hometheater applications thorugh the sub-out connection on my proceed avp-s. if so, what is the optimal way to hook it up so that in 2 channel it uses the neutrik and in multichannel, it uses the sub-out.
    also, how would is set the avp-s up in terms of crossover points, etc?
    thanks in advance.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'm going to move this to the "Speakers" fourm where some of the more advanced questions you asked can find answers. [​IMG]

3. steve_cristea

steve_cristea Auditioning

You basically would use both the low level input (LFE) and the neutrik.

The LFE would be used with home theatre content and the neutrik would run for 2-channel stereo music, crossing over the left and right speakers at just below their lowest frequency extension, I'm not sure how low F30s dip...

Steve

4. Gregg Z

Gregg Z Stunt Coordinator

Hook up both the Neutrik and the LFE connection.

Tell your A/V processor that your Front L&R's are "large" and that your center and surrounds are "small". Set your sub to "yes". Set your cross over on your A/V processor at 80Hz.

With this setup, your A/V processor will send a full range signal to your front L&R speakers. The bass will of course roll over to your REL via the Neutrik connection. For any bass destine for the center or the surrounds, your A/V processor will send to the REL via the LFE. Any bass on the LFE channel will also be sent to the REL via the LFE. This will give you the best of both worlds for 2-channel listening and HT.

5. david stark

david stark Second Unit

Also check out REL's setup page which has information on how to set up your REL with regard to phase, room placement etc.