What's new

Max Payne 2 screenshots! (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
Wasn't the Max Payne model one of the developers for the game?

This Max Payne model looks more like Robert Stack with a gun. Still, I like it. The detail being put in games like Doom3, Half Life 2 and now Max Payne always amazes me.

Damien

Supporting Actor
any mention of porting this to the consoles?
eb has it slated for xbox/ps2 11/18.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He was apparently modeled after a guy named Sam Lake in the first game. I like this version much better. At the very least, he no longer has that weird half grin plastered on his face. It'd be even better if the characters had the ability to display different emotions a la Half-Life 2, but I'll go out on a limb and say that doesn't seem to be the case. It's hard to judge from these few shots, but if you look at his sunken cheeks in both shots, it looks like the same expression. No big deal. That's fairly cutting edge stuff from Valve anyway.

As far as whether it's cutscenes or actual play, I don't think it matters that much. It's going to be in-game cutscenes, so we still get a sense of exactly how it's going to look.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Max Payne 2 is Fall 2003 for the PC. Is it skipping the X-Box because the game will need the extra power of the next version of the console?

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
EB's date is wrong. Max Payne 2 is a 2005 title, presumed to be an XB2 launch game
Jeff, you are totally wrong on this one! Rockstar has already announced that it is coming to PC later on this year. The PS2 and Xbox versions have not been announced yet, and are most likely going to come early next year.

Just for fun, I dug up some dates from various sites. Gamestop.com says it's coming to PC first on September 15. Then to Xbox on November 3 and PS2 on November 11. Gamespot.com has a November 14 release date for the PC version.

Users who are viewing this thread