What's new

Max Headroom or 80's Twilight Zone? (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Any chance we will see either of these TV series someday? With all the TV on DVD they have been releasing, I really long to see these again. My VHS tapes dubbed from Beta are not cutting it anymore.

I just can't seem to get excited about Baretta and Good Times.

Ric

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Never been much of a Headroom fan but I really think the 80's version of The Twilight Zone has some absolute classic episodes that I would love to own on DVD.

One in particular is To See The Invisible Man, that one still kind of chokes me up when I catch it on latenight USA.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
I'd go for Max Headroom in a second (and I've voted for it at tvshowsondvd.com).

Good luck to us all!

Any idea who owns it and is sitting on it?

Dan

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,

"To See the Invisible Man" was also one of my absolute favorites (I used to play it for people all the time!), along with several of the Harlan Ellison episodes.

As for Max Headroom, the first time I saw Eddison Carter whack someone with his camera, I knew the show was for me! I'm a NewsPhotog in RL and I have often been tempted! I have taken my share of getting pushed around. Being in an investigative unit, folks aren't often happy to see us.

I really don't hold much hope for these two, but I can keep dresming.

Ric

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
Yet another vote for "To See the Invisible Man"... I feel that certain episodes strike chords..and this one definitely did. I remember describing it to a acquaintance years after airing and their knowing in complete detail. Very moving.. but the thread must digress..

Ryan B

Agent
I thought the "Paladin of the Lost Hour" was an especially poignant Twilight Zone. It was a great series that deserves to be re-released. Maybe Spielburg's Amazing Stories too?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Profile in Silver was a great episode. I have been making dvd-r copies of the New Twilight Zone from TNT. I am sure they are cut. But, something is better then nothing.

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
My vote goes for the William Friedkin-directed "Nighcrawlers" episode, from the story by Robert R. McCammon...

Talk about intense!!

It was originally shown without commercial interruption, which was definitely a plus!

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
also:

"Dreams for Sale" with Meg Foster;

"Gramma";

"The Shadow Man" ("I am the Shadow Man who lives under YOUR bed!");

and

"The Toys of Caliban"

We need to have these available on DVD!

:)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Wong's lost and found Emporium is another great episode that was on just last night.

A Little Peace & Quiet is another episode that definitely stands out in my memory, what also stands out is that for syndication they edited out the scene where Melinda Dillon, after having "froze" the grocery store, touches the jocks butt in an innocently naughty way.

Chameleon is another one that stands's out for me...."Just Curious".

HERE'S a link to a nice episode guide site.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I have been making dvd-r copies of the New Twilight Zone from TNT. I am sure they are cut. But, something is better then nothing.
Yes, given that Paladin of the Lost Hour was originally around 40 minutes, I'm sure I wouldn't be to happy with TNTs editing.

Does CBS have the rights to this? It sure seems like it might be a good time to release it. You've got all the old TZ episodes already out... and a new (inferior) show on UPN.

I say strike while the iron is luke warm!

Ric

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
The best of the The New Twilight Zone

(CBS (Paramount HV)?)

(1st season)

(the elite)

"Nightcrawlers"
"Gramma"
"Opening Day"
"Need to Know"
"Button, Button"
"The Shadow Man"

(also good)

"A Little Peace and Quiet"
"Monsters!"
"The Elevator"
"Red Snow"
"Dead Run"
"The Beacon"
"A Small Talent for War"

(3rd season)

"Our Sylena is Dying"
"Something in the Walls"

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I finally have a cause! Or at least a sig, til I get bored with it!

Seriously, these are two quality shows that need some attention. Being that Max only had 14 episodes, I would think this might be easier. Though I really long to see TZ's Shatterday, Paladin, Profiles, Invisible Man and many others again... uncut.

BTW, if any of you get Tech-TV, they are showing Max Headroom's first episode (Blipverts) tonight at 10pm eastern.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
The episodes of Max Headroom that are airing on Tech TV carry Warner Bros. distribution tags at the tail end. I'm curious how the show ended up with them, but at least it's somewhere to start if we want to find out how to get it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks