Maury - Woman Afraid of Pickles..

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Jul 1, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I know this is most likley a serious phenomena, and shouldn't be laughed at...

But when I saw this on first run a few months ago(Not a Maury watcher, just flipping channels), I came across this episode.. I could not stop laughing threw out the entire show, and untill thirty minutes afterwords [​IMG]..

http://comedy.aol.com/viralvideos?st...p11&startNum=1

Funniest thing I had seen all that week [​IMG].

2. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

That is hilarious. I didn't see that episode, but I did see another Maury where they guest was afraid of olives. It reminded her of eyeballs so they brought out a giant jar full and she went screaming much like that lady.

I just don't get some phobias. I understand the ones where the person could get hurt or cause pain such as heights, drowning, even spiders and bugs. But vegetables?

3. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I liked the one with the woman afraid of balloons. They had balloons up on the screen, and they started to pop them, the woman freaked out, then ran back stage...but little did she know right where she was running was where they had the balloons!

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I remember seeing a woman who was afraid of tinfoil on Maury. Normally I wouldn't mock someone's phobia but in that case, I'll make an exception. [​IMG]

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

"Oh no, don't go back there, that's even worse! " "AHHHH!"
    I'm chuckling about it now just thinking of the scene [​IMG]..

6. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    This has to be a joke, surely nobody is scared of pickles. Maury deliberately chooses funny quirky people often, but I don't know whether he is being jerked around or if he is jerking his audience around this time. It is too stupid to be funny for me and although I rarely watch his show, sometimes I do find humor in the nonsense. If I could believe this one, I might find it funny.

Chris

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Well, my father used to work with a guy who was afraid of lemons. He wasn't just allergic to them or something. If he saw one sitting there, he would back away and make someone remove it.

I'll reveal my own quirk: I'm not *afraid* of sand paper, per se, but using it or touching it is like nails on a chalkboard for me. The sound, the texture . . . I hate it. Not that I don't use it when I have to.

Back to Maury, the guy has like three shows: "who's your baby daddy," "teens in trouble going to boot camp," and "freaky fears."

8. JoshRas

JoshRas Stunt Coordinator

nope, I got two more...amazing videos(this will include peeping toms and cheaters) and also "am i a male or female?" shows