Maurice Richard (The Rocket) - Canada Only?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PaulP, Apr 17, 2006.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

My original post must've been swallowed by a glitch. Oh well. The gist was that while watching hockey tonight I saw a commercial that at first I took for one of those new NHL ads but quickly realized it was a movie trailer. It said it was called "The Rocket" and it's out "everywhere April 21st". The trailer can be seen here: http://www.therocketmovie.com/ - I was so excited at first but looking at Yahoo! Movies, they don't even have a record of it coming soon, not to mention next week. IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460505/), listing the film by its supposedly non-Canadian name, states it's been out in Canada since late last year. So what's happening? Is it coming Stateside, or is this a Canada-only film? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I was under the impression that it was released only in Quebec last year, and that it was in French. Judging from the very American trailer (ie, the voiceover), I would say it is coming here. I assume there isn't a lot of buzz about it because it will be a niche film, probably only playing in small theaters. It looks great, though, so I'm glad to get a chance to see it.

It's actually available on DVD now in Canada, I believe. If it's French only like I thought it was, I guess that means they shot all scenes twice.

3. Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez Screenwriter

The movie is actually in French and English. When it was originally released in Quebec last year, the French people spoke French and The English people spoke English with French subtitles. When it will be released in the rest of Canada, it will have English subtitles for the French speaking parts.

I might actually watch it.

4. PaulP

PaulP Producer

So will it actually pay in the US anywhere or do I just wait for the DVD?

5. PaulP

PaulP Producer

So no new news on a US release? [​IMG]

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Anything new on this? DVD or US theatrical release?