What's new

MATT LINCOLN TV SERIES (1 Viewer)

vincefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amy
Hi. I am thrilled that people are discussing Ben Casey. My favorite show. I was too young to remember it when it originally aired. I did not realize that Paramount owns it now. I am trying to get Universal to release Vince's other series MATT LINCOLN on dvd. There were sixteen episodes plus the pilot film titled Dial Hot Line. This series originally aired on ABC in 1970. Vince played a psychiatrist who ran a walk-in clinic and a telephone hotline for mostly troubled teenagers. The theme of the show was "Someone Cares". All the titles of the episodes were people's names. Vince exuded empathy in the role. The series was about average people with emotional problems who seek help from Dr. Matt Lincoln. The genre was very different from any other shows. The characters were three dimensional. Unfortunately, when MATT LINCOLN first aired in 1970 it was up against Flip Wilson, a ratings bonanza. Also, Matt Lincoln was on at 7:30, much too early for that type of show. It was cancelled after sixteen episodes. MATT LINCOLN deserves a new life on dvd. A show about love, caring, understanding and empathy is always welcome. One of the comments I read about the "kiddies" running the programming today is so true. Most of them are too young to remember the great shows. I don't get why someone doesn't wake these people up. You have to continue to write tv show distributors and plead your case. Remember the studio who owns the show doesn't always distribute the show. The distributor has to get the rights to release it on dvd. Timeless Media Group does license Universal prooerties. To request MATT LINCOLN e-mail [email protected]; Also e-mail Universal Studios [email protected] and Shout!factory e-mail [email protected]. If you go to google or yahoo and type in "Matt Lincoln tv series to buy or Vince Edwards tv series to buy" you can see for yourself how in demand Vince Edwards and his tv series Matt Lincoln are. Neither of Vince's shows is out on dvd. The other being the great Ben Casey. Vince passed away in 1996 but is still loved and missed today. The evidence is in black and white on the internet.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
While you may be well intentioned, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Universal would ever release this show. Your best bet, and it's still a million to one shot anyway, would be to lobby a company like Arts Alliance, which has a relationship with Universal and has licensed a few shows from them already. Even then, its highly unlikely as this show is not well known, few people remember it and its probably not been transferred to tape yet. What's the market for it? Vince Edwards fans? How many of them are there? Not to rain on your parade as there are dozens of shows just as obscure that I would love to see as well but unless companies like Universal change the way they do things its just never gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks