What's new

Matt Houston (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Axelmusic hasn´t shipped "Matt Houston-Season 1" to me yet though it will be officialy released at the same day as "Scarecrow and Ms King".
Scarecrow and Ms King" is already on my way to Germany where I live. So hopefully they will send "Matt Houston" this week as well to me!
I´m looking forward to get this great show on DVD!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
What is this axelmusic you speak of ? an overseas shop ?

A review would be nice.. As you don't expect to see many for these kind of shows. I have my order in for Matt Houston + Scarecrow and Mrs. King as well (with Amazon). The release week of March 9 is one of the better ones in recent memory. Two 80's gems make their debut on DVD.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
www.axelmusic.com is I think an overseas shop. There are known that they sent the discs 2 weeks before the original release date. My "Scarecrow and ms King" -Season 1 is on my way to Germany but they didn´t sent "Matt Houston"-Season 1 to me yet.
But it´s only a matter of time when this will happen. When I received my discs I´ll post a review here!

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´ve just got an e-mail from axelmusic. They´ve just shipped my "Matt Houston"-Season 1 to Germany. So hopefully next Tuesday I´ll received my package.
On www.tvshowsondvd.com is a brand new official statement about Season 1 from CBS/paramount.
What I don´t understand is why does CBS/Paramount release "Matt Houston" in a full season and series such as "Vega$, Cannon, Streets of San Francisco" in half seasons?
Why do they release one season complete and other series in half seasons?
I don´t understand that.....

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I am working on the Matt Huston first season set, and though I'm only seven episodes in, they look wonderful (except for some problems with the TV-movie pilot).
Some other review material came in today so I must put Matt off to the side until releases for today's street date are dealt with, but I should have the review up some time this weekend.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
MattH.: If you were involved on the "Matt Houston"-Season 1 set, do you think that we´ll get Season 2 this year as well or depends it on the selling numbers?

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by MattH. /forum/thread/284652/matt-houston#post_3666005
I am working on the Matt Huston first season set, and though I'm only seven episodes in, they look wonderful (except for some problems with the TV-movie pilot).
Some other review material came in today so I must put Matt off to the side until releases for today's street date are dealt with, but I should have the review up some time this weekend.
It is good to hear that so far they look good, I look forward to the review. So far 2010 has been really good to me as far as series that I have been waiting for to be released.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Good to hear on the Transfers.. I kind of expected that though.. being that the bible site (where did that go btw ?) had listed S1 as being remastered. Pamela Hensley is sure to look extra good.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
No, he's just watching/reviewing it I think. It's not a show I recall being mad about when it was first on, but hearing it looks good and it's an old show by now (from the '80s) I'm sure I'll be acquiring it, feeling positively certain it's still better entertainment than anything current and dark on TV these days.
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MattH.: If you were involved on the "Matt Houston"-Season 1 set, do you think that we´ll get Season 2 this year as well or depends it on the selling numbers?

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
MattH.: I´ve got another question. In one of your last posts you said that there were some problems with the TV pilt "X-22".

What kind of problems are you talking about?

Is the TV pilot episode much worser in quality than the other episodes?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MattH.: I´ve got another question. In one of your last posts you said that there were some problems with the TV pilt "X-22".
What kind of problems are you talking about?
Is the TV pilot episode much worser in quality than the other episodes?
There is print damage in the master that was used, so there are nagging problems that come and go (a yellow scratch-looking artifact, a sequence where there seems to be emulsion deterioration). The other episodes so far (I'm only on episode 11 out of 23 since I'm simultaneously reviewing two Fox releases for this week that just arrived yesterday) show none of that and are wonderful to look at.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe the number of people who say they never heard of "Matt Houston" or never watched it. It was one of my favorite shows and I never missed it. I thought it did really well back in those day and was pretty popular but maybe not.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think a lot of that had to due with when it first started it was up against CHiPs & then it moved to Fridays at 10pm where it was up against the likes of Hill Street Blues, Falcon Crest, Miami Vice even I think. If memory serves me correct & unless you had a VCR recording something and watching something else. You missed it. The people who may fall in to that category. They need to pick up Matt Houston, because it was a solid and underrated show.

GraeLeigh

Auditioning
Real Name
Grae
hello all!

I just found this while looking for info about Matt Houston DVD.

For her fans, I'd like to let you know that a website fully dedicated to Pamela Hensley exists. You can find it here: www.pamela-hensley.com it's in french and english.

Can't wait for the DVD to be released ... 4 days to go! :)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i watch an episode last night and the quality appears to be very good. It is hard to believe this show is almost 30 yrs old now. I picked up my copy at Walmart for $34.00 (plus taxes). I had to Future Shop earlier and it was $6 more expensive. I

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I watched Disc 1 so far... These episodes are good fun. Who can not like a good Frog race? /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux /forum/thread/284652/matt-houston#post_3666179
Good to hear on the Transfers.. I kind of expected that though.. being that the bible site (where did that go btw ?) had listed S1 as being remastered. Pamela Hensley is sure to look extra good. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif">
I started a thread in January, asking about the CBS Television Distribution Syndication website:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks