What's new

International Matt Helm box set coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Wubble

Agent
Real Name
Stuart
I just read an Amazon review that said it is region-free also, even though it says "B" on the back. Anyone out there that bought this and can verify?
My copy arrived today from Diabolik and they’re definitely playable on Region A players.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Have the Blu-ray and compared one of the films The Silencers to my dvd box set. The Blu-ray is a nice improvement to the dvd with brighter colors, a sharper image and less film damage. The print used for the Blu-ray is ok overall with some film damage and it will play in region A player. The Silencers disc did come with the original trailer that was not on the dvd set.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
An Amazon review of this set states that The Silencers is the "DVD cut version" and that the uncut version was released on VHS. The Kino Insider was talking about reports that Coogan's Bluff (I think that was the film) was uncut on VHS but cut on DVD/Blu, but he said the VHS had the TV version of the film with extra scenes not shown theatrically. Would that be the case here, too?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
IMDB lists the run time of the film as 1hr 42 min which matches the run time on the set (both DVD and BR - ~1:42:25). There's no mention of a longer or shorter cut of the film. I'd guess the VHS is either a TV cut (unlikely simply because 1:42 is a good length for a 2hr slot) or the reviewer is mistaken. Every image I've found of the back of the VHS shows a run time of "about 1:43" (which would be a common claim for a movie running ~1:42:25) - matching the DVD and BR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
will_0407