What's new

International Matt Helm box set coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Looks like Matt Helm is coming to Blu-ray. On April 5th Mediumrare Entertainment will release the Matt Helm Lounge with all four films. The set is a UK region B and the extras have not been announced yet but it could be the same as the dvd box set which contained only some trailers.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
It would be nice if there is a release by Columbia, Mill Creek or Kino and it might happen. I did miss the Derek Flint ones released by Twilight Time so i hope there will be another opportunity to buy them by another label.

Camps

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
As a big '60s spy-movie fan, thanks for the heads-up. That said, I doubt I'd upgrade unless there are some great extras and/or commentaries...

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Prices for the dvd set are fairly high,
Might be time to sell and rebuy.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Yeah when I first saw this announcement I was completely surprised that this wasn't coming from Powerhouse/Indicator.
As they have done so many Columbia sets for the UK.
So the question remains, who's going to be the North American release partner if this gets a North American release, Shout Factory, Mill Creek or will this become part of Sony's mod program as single releases.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
It would be nice if there is a release by Columbia, Mill Creek or Kino and it might happen. I did miss the Derek Flint ones released by Twilight Time so i hope there will be another opportunity to buy them by another label.

If it comes out in the US it won't be from Kino since they mentioned Sony is not interested in licensing out to any more labels. If it comes out here I would have to guess either Mill Creek or Sony releases them via their MOD line individually in which it would be cheaper just to import them assuming one is region free.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I can now order the Matt Helm box set from Amazon UK but at a total cost of $60. Website Zavvi has it for $54 so i will wait for a lower price and also some reviews on the image quality.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Looks like it's "sold out" at website Zavvi but thru Rarewaves i bought it for $49. Here is the back cover of the Blu-ray:

1617908384178.png

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Not a deal breaker at all but interesting that The Silencers is 1.85:1 but the other 3 are 1.78:1. The US DVD's were all 1.85:1.

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If it comes out here I would have to guess either Mill Creek or Sony releases them via their MOD line individually in which it would be cheaper just to import them assuming one is region free.
Someone over at blu-ray.com posted that the set played fine on his region A player.

DonB34

Agent
Real Name
Donald
I just read an Amazon review that said it is region-free also, even though it says "B" on the back. Anyone out there that bought this and can verify?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I just read an Amazon review that said it is region-free also, even though it says "B" on the back. Anyone out there that bought this and can verify?
I'm still waiting for a review from someone whose opinions I respect. If these discs come from old and tired transfers made decades ago for DVDs, I won't be interested. If they stem from new transfers derived from the OCNs, I will be.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
It would be nice if it really does play on region A. I have a region free player but i prefer it not to be restricted to just a region free player. I'm Interested in seeing some reviews. Not sure why Mill Creek didn't do this set or the Karloff at Columbia set in the US.

DonB34

Agent
Real Name
Donald
I ordered it. I'll let you all know when I find out. I have a region B player but I also don't like the restriction to play movies on only that one device.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Silencers recently showed up on Amazon Prime for the first time in my memory. May mean something

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The Silencers recently showed up on Amazon Prime for the first time in my memory. May mean something

defiantly an older print, watched about 5 min of it, happy that I picked up the 2 Flint films from TT as soon as they were announced.

Sony needs to do this right, on this side of the pond.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
will_0407