1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix Stereo?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Kline, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Tim Kline

Tim Kline Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know what this might be?
    On my digital cable box onscreen options, under the audio section for the audio I can select mono, stereo, or matrix stereo .. anyone know which one I can set it to? It just has RCA hookups, nothing digital (even though the company said it could do that [​IMG])
    ------------------
    Tim Kline
    HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
    [email protected]
    www.timkline.com
    My DVD List
    My Home Theatre

2. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

My cable box has this also, and I've found the best results came from STEREO instead of Matrix Stereo. That way, you're sending a pure stereo signal with no processing to your receiver (which is important for DPL/DPL2 processing). Mine also had a COMPRESSION setting, which I turned to OFF. The light and heavy compression settings made it louder, but placement of sounds was better with an uncompressed signal.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I'm not sure, but I believe it is either a simulated stereo mix from a mono broadcast or simulated surround from a stereo broadcast.
    Hookups - perhaps is is coaxial digital?
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
    to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)