What's new

Matrix Stereo? (1 Viewer)

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
Anyone know what this might be?
On my digital cable box onscreen options, under the audio section for the audio I can select mono, stereo, or matrix stereo .. anyone know which one I can set it to? It just has RCA hookups, nothing digital (even though the company said it could do that
frown.gif
)
------------------
Tim Kline
HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
[email protected]
Link Removed
My DVD List
Link Removed

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
My cable box has this also, and I've found the best results came from STEREO instead of Matrix Stereo. That way, you're sending a pure stereo signal with no processing to your receiver (which is important for DPL/DPL2 processing). Mine also had a COMPRESSION setting, which I turned to OFF. The light and heavy compression settings made it louder, but placement of sounds was better with an uncompressed signal.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm not sure, but I believe it is either a simulated stereo mix from a mono broadcast or simulated surround from a stereo broadcast.
Hookups - perhaps is is coaxial digital?
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks