What's new

Matrix SE Possible Cancellation??? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
From Geoffrey Kleinman over at DVDTALK:

"I just got word from one of the retailers we work with that Warner Bros may be pulling the Matrix SE from their release date.

I emailed WB for an official word on this, so I don't know if it's a delay or an out and out cancel of the title.

When I get official confirmation, I'll post something to the front page of the site.

STAY TUNED."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?? I JUST SOLD MY MATRIX AND MATRIX REVISITED!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
T2: Extreme Edition is more shameless than this. I still haven't got Matrix in my collection so I hope this doesn't get cancelled.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I seriously doubt this. I really don't think Warner would cancel this hugely popular title with the two sequels on the way, it just makes no sense to do so. To shelve this title for good is to say bye bye to millions of dollars in sales. Don't think so.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Yea, I'm thinking someone (a retailer) saw the note that Warner sent out about the change of the cover art and overreacted a bit.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The SE won't contain a new transfer? :confused: I figured a new transfer was a given since dvd mastering has improved greatly since the initial dvd's release.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would really like a new transfer - that is the only way I will buy it. Warner is capable of making this a reference quality DVD as it was in 1999.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
It appears to have been renamed The Matrix: Two Disc Set which could explain why the Special Edition version has disapeared and the artwork being revised

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
It appears to have been renamed The Matrix: Two Disc Set
Which IMHO is a bit more honest since there's nothing "special" about this release; it's just a repackaging of the two existing discs with a Reloaded featurette thrown in. Big whoop. Guess I'll have to wait until HD-DVD to get a truly reference quality disc of this movie.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Again from DVD Talk:

Unfortunately we've gotten word from Warner Bros that the 2 Disc The Matrix: Special Edition release has been put on hold. There's no word yet on a future release date or if The Matrix: Special Edition is completely off.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
This possible delay concerns me. There is no doubt Warner will have ample time to get the disc done in time for the current release date (even if a new cover is needed). The whole point of this release was to tie in to the theatrical release date of the Matrix sequel. So, with that in mind, it makes me wonder if Warner is backpeddling on the dvd due to a possible delay in their projected release date for the first sequel. I certainly hope not.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The Matrix is overdue for a new transfer. It's a shame that we're seeing the (at the time stunning) '99 transfer when so much more could be done. If Warner plans on delaying the title indefinitely for something like a name change, perhaps they could research the transfer options. Unless they've already pressed the discs and are just waiting for new packaging (likely).

~j

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
There is no way they are delaying the theatrical release of Matrix Reloaded, IMHO.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Yep, the two-disc set isn't on the WB retailer site at all anymore. I too got the email about the cover art change last week. And in the meantime, they went and pulled the entire title.

I wonder if they read all of the reactions to it being essentially a repackaging of two titles? Maybe they'll really make it a "special" edition down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks