What's new

Matrix Revolutions Review up @ DVDFile (1 Viewer)

Mikah Woodward

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I can't understand that, unless Best Buy had some sort of exclusivity deal with the trailers and their Reloaded bonus disc.

It's too bad that nobody's selling that disc seperately anymore. $15 isn't an absolutely awful price for the disc and the Reloaded DVD, but I still don't want to pay for Reloaded twice.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
DVD File's review says, "you will find is a collection of related trailers: The Matrix Teaser (0:54); The Matrix Reloaded Teaser (1:13); Animatrix Teaser (0:59); and, The Matrix Revolutions theatrical trailer (2:20)."

Sounds like one full theatrical trailer.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'll be picking this up. Didn't last long in theatres, but I think that was due to bad buzz from Reloaded.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like an excellent DVD, but I'm wondering if the movie will hold up as I've not seen it yet. I was wishy-washy about Reloaded, but I'm keeping an open mind about Revolutions.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

I think it may be because it was an absolutely horrible film. However, IGN's review says that the CGI is less noticeable in this film. I know when I watched my friends copy of Reloaded a week back I was blow away by how obvious the effects were. It was down-right-fake.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'll be picking this up...err, have had it on pre-order for months, must have been a weak moment, happens. I really don't know why, Reloaded was garbage. A better title would have been Recycled, and Revolutions is what you see while it's going down the garburator.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It's amazing how many people I've talked to at school or whatever I hear say "Revolutions sucked," but then through further investigation I discover they only say that because they didn't like Reloaded and they actually haven't seen Revolutions.

Now, I don't think either film comes close to being as good as the original, but I do think Revolutions is better than Reloaded. Both films have some very fun moments, and, despite their flaws, I'll be picking them up when the inevitable box set with the new SE of the first film is released.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
You are correct Brandon: after Reloaded, why would I want to pay to see Revolutions? Oops, I guess I did...I hate when that happens.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I guess I'm one of the few who liked both Reloaded and Revolutions, and I thought the latter was better than the former. They were not without their flaws, and neither of them measured up to the first film, but they were far from horrible.

Revolutions for example, if nothing else, is a terrific action film, and the CGI is less annoying than in Reloaded. There are a few spots where it's a little cartoony, but the aforementioned dock sequence is outstanding.

And I didn't think the Revolutions was totally devoid of substance, either. Again, it's not as impressively presented as in the first film, but it's there. And I like the fact that not all the questions from Reloaded were clearly answered. It gives the viewer something to ponder. Much of Revolutions was reminiscent of the series' anime influences, in that the outcomes of some of the subplots can be interpreted in various ways, and there may not be a concrete answer.

Also, I just think it's pretty bold for a big-budget action movie to have such an ambiguous ending nowadays, and I will certainly take Revolutions over some of the other garbage that is currently out there. I will certainly be grabbing this come release day, and I'm sure I'll probably get the inevitable boxed set, if it contains some worthwhile new features.

But I am glad they remembered the trailer this time (not to mention a couple of other teasers).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks