What's new

Matrix Reloaded--Official DVD thread. Post all comments here. (1 Viewer)

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
I don't friggin get it!

Why do both Matrix releases have no trailer action?

Both Matrix and Matrix Reloaded have some of the coolest trailers ever yet they don't put em on the discs!

They're more than happy to put ALL the stupid ads of the phone or what the hell ever, but no actual ads for the movie itself!

Why dammit? Why?

Really pisses me off.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I agree. The lack of trailers really sucks! I could give a rat's ass about the making of the Matrix video game or the Samsung phone used in the movie. Give us some bonus material worth watching, Warner Bros. Damn!

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I could give a rat's ass about the making of the Matrix video game or the Samsung phone used in the movie.
I'm sure the companies which probably paid Warners to have these extras (which are no more than extended commercials) do. I'm sure the Studios would be more than happy to accommodate these sort of 'extras' in lieu of real extras to make the package sound great in ads for the DVD.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I also hope for a REAL set with all three films, commentaries, and some Revisited-like material for the trilogy when all is said and done.

Until then, I'll consider this movie-only, which is enough for me. The transfer sounds like great news, as Reloaded is a BEAUTIFUL movie.

Can't wait...two weeks for us mere mortals.

Thanks for the mini-review!

Take care,
Chuck

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
If DVD's are so readily available early in NYC, why don't the studios penalize them for breaking the street date? Around here, a local Wal-Mart got in trouble for putting out DVD's three stinking days early, let alone three weeks.

Yeah, I'm just jealous. Maybe they released it early to ease the pain of losing game 1 to the Twins? :D

-John

Go BoSox!

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
The Digital Bits will have a review of Reloaded tommorow. They gotta follow Warner's rules so they can't do it today. Rules? I don't need no steenkin' rules.

And the reason why these stores don't get busted is because they are small. Anyway stores breaking street date is one of the many fringe benifits of being a native New Yorker... ;)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Well, looking at the reviews, it seems official this track is only 5.1, and not Dolby EX as it was in the theaters.
Can anybody who has picked it up early who has a 6.1 system
tell me if it flags as EX or just plain Dolby Digital?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I can't wait to get this. I only saw it once in the theaters. I meant to see it again but it never happened. It sounds like a pretty bare release, but I rationalize it as I would have spent close to $20 for me and my girlfriend to see it again, so there's the money right there. I'll be watching this a few times right away, so it'll the ~$16 it'll probably sell for the first week.

ErichH

Screenwriter
The Bits review basically confirms what is being said here - great transfer and sound but so so extras.

Good enough for me

E

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
The Dolby Digital track is encoded in 384Kbps.

Hey, I love movies, I love kung-fu and sci-fi movies specifically, and I love special effects. Why not buy it if the transfer and audio are really great? Between myself and family and friends, we'd wind up renting it enough times to more than justify the purchase.

Can't wait for the boxed set, that original release's transfer and extras are getting dated. And I was underwhelmed by the matrix revisited, which I also own. what's there was good.

OT, but I hope Lucas really improves the transfer on Episode I and improves the extras on Episode II when he re=releases them, but i guess that's too much to hope for. I hear the Indiana transfers are looking incredibly cleaned up, so maybe he can deliver, althoguh that's a paramount release.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Well, looking at the reviews, it seems official this track is only 5.1, and not Dolby EX as it was in the theaters.Can anybody who has picked it up early who has a 6.1 system tell me if it flags as EX or just plain Dolby Digital?
Well, technically, Dolby EX is only 5.1 as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks