What's new

Matrix Megaset - First details from R2 retailer (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Also, The character of Zee (Link's wife) was the sister of Tank and Dozer and mentions losing two brothers to "that ship" and not wanting to lose Link (The operator of the Nebuchadnezzar) as well.

So Tank died on some mission that takes place between The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded, perhaps they is/will be a comic/anime short made about it.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Or we're to assume he eventually died of his injuries from the first film. That did look pretty nasty. Makes me hungry for ribs too.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit

LOL

You're right, most of the philosophy in anime is gobbledeegook. Occasionally they incorporate some Aristotle or Plato like the Allegory of the Cave, but then when they incorporate the Eastern stuff like, "i am the rock in the stream" or w/e, it makes no sense whatsoever, and I've actually had to study that crap. Neon Genesis anyone?

But I thought the Matrix movies were much more cohesive philosophically. The ending is a perfect philosophical ending but it doesn't provide a satisfying conclusion to the plot. It's also way to opaque to your average reader who has no clue about Hinduism.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Tragically enough, I think people would have liked it better - maybe even "gotten" it - if the original actress who played the Oracle hadn't gone off and died of diabetes like she did. With the different face, I think the audience was disconnected from everything the first Oracle said, so the very last scene, the ending, just didn't resonante emotionally like it could have.

I know the replacement Oracle is an actress who worked with the original actress on Broadway so she was a good choice in many ways (though her lisp is distracting) but, I wonder if it would have worked better if they'd simply cast a look-alike actress...

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I know the Brothers W planned on having the original Oracle around the entire time, but when she died, I think the best idea would have been instead of replacing her with a look-a-like and throwing in some vague lines about her doing something off-camera that slightly changed her appearance, they should have gone another route entirely and re-cast the oracle as a teenager or something.
I believe there were lines relating to how things within the matrix were breaking down and the sort, and presenting Neo with an entirely different Oracle "avatar" than who he had met originally would have added to the seriousness of the situation. Also, I think Agent Smith's initial encounter with her might go a bit differently; I'm sure the last thing he would expect would have been a young girl (or something) instead of the standard wise old lady as the Oracle.
The audience wouldn't be subconsciously comparing Gloria Foster and the look-a-like either, like I was doing the whole time she was onscreen.

Sorry for the long missive there, it had been on my mind and this seemed an appropriate place to put it down.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Any indication whether the updated Matrix will sold standalone? I've no interest in buying the sequels or their special features but I would pay for an updated Matrix.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

Hey! Don't start on the anime bashing! The philosophy isn't gobbledygook! You'd better watch out, there's quite a few anime watchers around here.

OFFTOPIC a bit -
If there was anyone to hand over the Evangelion Live Action movie in pre-production over to that could be trusted, it would be the W bros. They'd keep it a nice and confusing mind&**# like it should be. :D I'm afraid it will turn into a mindless action fest.
/OFFTOPIC

People get frustrated with Matrix because it doesn't immediately make sense. Good! Kudos to the brothers for making something that requires a lot of thought. They just cloaked it in enough really awesome mindless fight scenes to keep it entertaining for everyone that doesn't want to think about it too much! :D

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was just reading this link from the The Rumor Mill on the Digital Bits. It's an interview from one of the Directors(larry) Now, it seems like he states that the release date is October. Is this true or did I misunderstand? Although I think all will be answered this friday when the WB talks about it at ComicCon.
Thanks

Tom June

Agent
The San Diego Comic-Con is reporting that Warner Bros. is going to be announcing a much anticipated sci-fi trilogy box set at the con this weekend. Here's the quote:

11:00-12:00 Warner Home Video DVD Special Editions—WHV will present a special panel to unveil some of the studio's most in-demand DVD titles getting the deluxe Special Edition treatment this year. Showcased on stage will be actors Corey Haim and Corey Feldman for a special Q&A discussion about the upcoming Special Edition DVD release of the cult-favorite vampire movie The Lost Boys, which features over two hours of never-before-seen bonus materials. As an added bonus for Comic-Con guests, there will be an exciting DVD announcement for one of the greatest sci-fi trilogies of all time! Room 6AB

Here's hoping its the Matrix.

Travis W.

Second Unit
It'll be Matrix for sure. I think it's kind of over zealous for Warner to proclaim Matrix as one of the greatest trilogies of all time...I mean I consider it to be but the general consensus would disagree.

The Digital Bits has reported that the Wachowski Brothers have declined to do audio commentaries on the films (again) and that they handed it over to other people. What's so bad about talking into a microphone about a great film you created? Don't you owe that to your fans? Oh well, good to know we'll have an announcement soon.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I think the more important news in that press release is the fact that the two Coreys have found temporary employment. Good for them.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
TOo be fair, he did state in the interview why they don't do any press or commentaries for the movie. I'm sure the thing at Comic COn will be the Matrix, although, how much of the Terminator series does WB own?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i hope somebody asks them about the Heat SE too.

has the release date been announced?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
or that lotr thing warner owns new line dont forget
from the bits :

And on the subject of another long-awaited DVD release, the Integral Naked website has just posted a new (and rare) audio interview with Matrix co-director Larry Wachowski, in which he gives some interesting details about Warner's forthcoming (and yet to be announced) Matrix Trilogy special edition DVD box set. According to the site (and interview), the set is planned for release in October. Brothers Larry and Andy W. reportedly declined to do audio commentary on the films themselves, apparently "fearing that whatever they said would turn into dogma." So they've tapped friends and fellow I.N. über-thinkers Ken Wilber and Cornel West to do the commentary on all 3 films for the set. We're... well, just not sure what to think about that. Could be über-cool... or über-frustrating. In any case, click on over to the site to listen to the interview (note that doing so involves a $10 subscription fee). Thanks to Bits reader Brian O'H. for the link.

Glen C

Stunt Coordinator
i hope reloaded is available separately at some point.

i hate to double dip 2 movies (part 1 and 3) for the 50-min extended cut of part 2.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
What are the chances there is more Twins footage in extended version? I always remember hearing as well about a rumored scene of the SMiths taking over Club Hell. Sounds like a cool idea, but probably never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks