What's new

Matrix Megaset - First details from R2 retailer (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
UK retailer HMV is listing a ten-disc Matrix Megaset, for release on December the 6th.

This seems to tie in with information that's been circulating for a while, but HMV's listing adds some credence to the rumours.

The set will also contain a 20-page softcover booklet. HMV's RRP is £44.99.

The ten discs seem to be:

1 - The Matrix - With All-New Transfer & Audio Commentary
2 - The Matrix Revisited – Original Version With Behind-The-Scenes Footage
3 - Matrix Reloaded Extended Version – New Cut With 55 Minutes Of New Footage Inserted Back Into The Film
4 - Matrix Reloaded Revisited – All New Interviews, Scene Dissections And More!
5 - Matrix Revolutions – Original Cut With Audio Commentaries
6 - Matrix Revolutions Revisited – A Host Of All-New Extras
7 - The Animatrix
8 - The Roots Of The Matrix – 3 Hours Of Features
9 - The Burley Man Chronicles – The People Behind The Matrix Discuss Their Work
10 - The Zion Archive – A Tour Of Matrix Design Concepts, Storyboards & Drawings

More details at http://www.zetaminor.com/whatsnew.htm or at http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/display...;-1&sku=202272

Haden

Supporting Actor
Jeez... nearly an hour more of Matrix Reloaded? Hopefully it fills all the glaring plotholes of that stupid film.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I believe the added footage is going to be all of the video that was filmed for the video game. I'm glad they are putting it into the movie instead of just putting as a bunch of deleted scenes or extra section or something.

Oh yeah, and you thought the movie was stupid because you didn't understand it.:rolleyes:Just kidding, I just know some Matrix diehard would have said that. For the record I like Reloaded after watching it a couple of times on DVD. Probably the sound is what got me into it.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Goddamn. Good thing I didn't buy Revolutions and only got Reloaded cause it was too cheap. but perhaps not all extras will be carried over. Like the isolated score from the original. We'll see. Otherwise sounds like a competitor for the Alien Quad set!

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Looks like a very nice set. Even though I already own all three I will definitely be picking this up.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I only paid $20 for both the sequel together, so I'm pretty much sold on this set. I'm going to keep the original discs, as there is a good chance stuff wont get repeated.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
The first time you sit down to watch Matrix Reloaded, you don't know what to expect -- It looks kinda cool. Then you get to some of the best action sequences around, and you think "nice" -- like "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within"...

At the end, you'll wonder why nothing was wrapped up. On repeated viewings, the movie doesn't hold up, and I guess there's nothing much to explore in this movie.

Thumbs down overall for the Matrix sequels. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Are people going to complain about the Matrix sequels in EVERY Matrix thread ever created!??!?! OK, you hate the films, we get it. Now move on. Nothing to see here.

The 10 disc boxset sounds great btw. Maybe the commentary on Revolutions will be by the Wachowski's? I'm mean, they did in fact do a commentary for the first film on the official website when the first film came out on DVD, though that was a text commentary mixed with a Q&A.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. That looks pretty cool. I hope there are commentaries with the W bros. on all three. I don't know about inserting the video game footage into Reloaded. It might seem spliced together and slipshod, as some of the scenes tied directly in to gameplay that wasn't shot on film (The Logos' final escape from the sentinels comes to mind).

With any luck it will be there via seamless branching.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Hopefully this will be available in the US... can't imagine a set of this quality NOT being released here.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
has anybody added the video game sequences up to see if it adds up to an hour? i mean the video game has lots of sequences for sure, but the important/action shots are played out in the actual game so there's no film of that. unless they filmed that too, but that'd be expensive. i'm curious as to what the ext. cut will be, but i'm holding on to the original release as Reloaded is my favourite of the trilogy.

also i wonder if they'll release the re-transferred M1 seperately...

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
That Reloaded disc is going to be a bit overloaded compared to the original disc, innit? Won't the PQ suffer?

A new transfer of the original is all very well, but why bother when the sequels are going to be reduced in quality (Revolutions less than Reloaded, natch). Or am I wrong?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I just want the remastered first one. Nothing else in that set interests me in the least (and I already own the animatrix).

Lane_S

Agent
I'm excited to see the price, about US$80 for 10 disks. Fingers crossed that will translate into $60-$65 or so street first week, factor in what I will get selling back the three Matrix films and Animatrix, and I could end up getting the set for $40-$50.

Although I didn't have as much love for the 2 sequels as I did for the original (like 85% of the fans out there), I really did like them and can't wait to own just about everything Matrix there is. Have the Wachowski brothers (siblings?) add commentaries or at least a real in-depth interview, and the set will be perfect.

Yeah - count me as a "day and dater" when this one is released. It's easy enough to pick at certain scenes, but taken as a whole, the Matrix saga in one of my favorites ever committed to film.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I am pretty sure that on one of the documentaries on the current Reloaded disc, they talked about the video game footage and that there was about an hour's worth shot.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

My thoughts exactly [insert standard insulting comment about the sequels here]. And if the new transfer of The Matrix isn't available separately, then I'll just have to go without as I'm not gonna buy a whole boxset just for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks