1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix game coming to all the big 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, May 20, 2002.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

2. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

Was this always going to be multiplatform, or was it going to be an Xbox exclusive at one time?

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It was always going to be multiplatform. Microsoft's "exclusivity" deal was for online content & timing - I believe the XBox version was due six months before the others, but my memory could be wrong.

4. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

From what I remember, it was to be exclusive to the Xbox for a period of time (6 months maybe?) before releasing to the other consoles. But it's been a long time, so please don't ask me for a link to confirm that! [​IMG]
    Edit--once again, Brian scoops me. [​IMG]

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Cool. Can we finaly see some screenshots now? [​IMG]
    Dan

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Nonetheless, I think everyone will have an X-Box soon enough. Its cheap enough to buy one.

7. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Yeah, six months and online only on the Xbox was the deal, but that deal was made with Interplay for a 5 million dollar loan. But Interply sold Shiny to Infrogrames who either aren't bound by the agreement, or thought it made more business sense to break it (either way MS must have gotten the 5M back).

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

We'll find out when Interplay next release their financial report I reckon - that's where all of the nitty gritty details about the "loan" appeared in the first place.