What's new

Matrix DVD (1 Viewer)

TimDav

Auditioning
I just watched Matrix on DVD and it seems to have quite a green color push. Is this just my DVD or are all the DVD's like this.
Thanks
TD

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
First, this should be in the Software section.

Second...to answer your question, the Wach Bros add a green tint to everything inside The Matrix, and a blue tint to everything in the real world.

Hope this answers your question.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
(Thread moved.)

Yes, whatever you do, do not use this DVD to try and re-adjust your colors on your TV set.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Funny, how no one noticed this in the movie theater. "Hey projectionist, turn the green down!"

Ric

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I just watched Matrix on DVD and it seems to have quite a green color push. Is this just my DVD or are all the DVD's like this.
This means your display device is not calibrated properly. Adjust the levels until the green goes away.

:D

Actually you'd better not. That green is an intentional characteristic of scenes that take place within the Matrix. You may notice the scenes in the real world have a blue tint as well.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Wow, talk about a flashback! Tim, this is actually one of those 'legendary' questions that has been asked by uncounted numbers of people on this forum over the years. The green tinge is definitely intentional.

Next thing, people will be asking about the flames at the top of the frame in Saving Private Ryan. :D

Adam

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
It's funny, I didn't notice it when I saw The Matrix in the theater, but noticed it on the DVD (but was already aware of it via reviews I read). I sure as heck noticed it during The Matrix Reloaded too, it almost seemed to go too green in a few scenes (greener than the original). *shrug* People will probably be asking this question about TMR when it comes out... be prepared :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

Ah, the memories. Also, is the original Star Wars available on DVD? And, remember, we won't buy it if it's not "anamorphic." :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
And why hasn't this been addressed yet?...

We must do everything we can to stop this DIVX format and the evil Circuit City before it destroys dvd forever! :angry:

Rick Sharp is the devil!

Oh wait, wha.., oh shit, how...how long have I been asleep what year is it?

What do you mean "it's all over, we won."? Get the hell outta here, when? Why wasn't I told about this? :confused:

Well, that's good, nice work. Hey, does The Matrix still come out on DVD this week? I sure am excited about it.

Wha, what do you mean "it's been on dvd for 4 years now."!?

:D

Kai Zas

Second Unit
And now we can add nemesis to that list too. The scene with the Argos (or whatever they called Piccard's midlife crisis compensation vehicle.)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
We must do everything we can to stop this DIVX format and the evil Circuit City before it destroys dvd forever!

Rick Sharp is the devil!
Now that brings back memories. Actually, I remember all to well when there were only 12 titles to choose from on DVD. Slim pickings those times were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks