What's new

Matrix Books Available Now and in the Future (1 Viewer)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Prelude to Exciting News:
In case other fans of The Matrix weren't already aware, I just saw The Matrix Comics trade paperback on sale at my local comics shop. Although much of the material has already been made available for free on the official Web site, I think it's nice to be able to hold this content in one's hands and store on one's shelf. Containing 12 stories, this book is actually the result of requests made by fans since the comics started being published in 1999.

The book was published by Red Pill Productions, the same company responsible for the excellent Art of the Matrix book.

(source, and a lot more great reading on the Matrix Comics book and two other personally-anticipated books)

The Exciting News:
I am most excited about the following section of the article:
"As a side note, we’re doing Art of the Matrix Reloaded and Art of the Matrix Revolutions the same way [maintaining an infinite amount of control in their production] – those will be announced in a more official way come October with the release of this trade. I [Spencer Lamm] thoroughly enjoyed putting together The Art of the Matrix, and we really discussed whether or not we were going to change the format, but at the end of the day, we’re going to stick to the same trim...Right now, we’re looking at two to three times more art per film than there was for the original Matrix [book], so it’s going to be a real challenge to include all of that as well as more photography.”
(square bracket annotations mine for maintaining context)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Excellent news. The Art of the Matrix was an incredible book, and I am quite excited to see the same for the sequels. They were not small, so I don't expect them anytime soon. But they'll be worth the wait.

I was just wondering about this.

Thanks for sharing,
Chuck

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
How much is retail for the Matrix Comics...I must buy :D.

I hope the scripts for Reloaded and Revolutions are in their respective books, might be some cut out stuff in there.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I nearly forgot to update this thread to mention that The Matrix Comics Volume 2 is in shops now.

On a related topic, Geof Darrow, conceptual artist for all three movies (he designed the sentinels among many other things) and Steve Skroce, storyboard artist for all three movies, each have new comic books out too. These books are not really Matrix related. Geof Darrow has Shaolin Cowboy, which I first saw in shops last week, while Steve Skroce has Doc Frankenstein, which I hope to see in shops this week or in the coming weeks.

Shaolin Cowboy is a beautiful book and has Darrow's incredibly detailed style.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Doc Frankenstein is pretty good. Skroce's art is, of course, beautiful and the concept is the kind of gleeful absurdity that comics do better than any other medium (and I *loved* the Wachowskis' intro in which they chastised comics creators for being unimaginative and trying too hard to mimic movies). Only problem is that some of the Wachowkis' scripting falls flat ("I am a Cesarean inflicted upon the womb of reality") but that's minor.

Shaolin Cowboy was hilarious, too :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
SC had sick art. I haven't checked out DF yet, as I haven't really collected comics in a long while (Geof Darrow gets a pass).

I'm still quite interested in an Art of R & R. Anyone with news?

Thanks,
Chuck

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Just picked up the second issues for both Doc Frankenstein and Shaolin Cowboy. From my quick glances, they look amazing.

Shaolin Cowboy Number 2 maintains that heavier/thicker paper quality (which I like) used for Number 1.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I would love a well written series of Matrix books. Emphasis on *well written*; not the schlock crap on the "franchise tie-in" shelf in my bookstore for Star Trek/Wars and what not, but actual good stories set in the Matrix universe.

It'd be so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks