Matrix Books Available Now and in the Future

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Andrew Chong, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Prelude to Exciting News:
    In case other fans of The Matrix weren't already aware, I just saw The Matrix Comics trade paperback on sale at my local comics shop. Although much of the material has already been made available for free on the official Web site, I think it's nice to be able to hold this content in one's hands and store on one's shelf. Containing 12 stories, this book is actually the result of requests made by fans since the comics started being published in 1999.

The book was published by Red Pill Productions, the same company responsible for the excellent Art of the Matrix book.

(source, and a lot more great reading on the Matrix Comics book and two other personally-anticipated books)

The Exciting News:
    I am most excited about the following section of the article:

2. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Excellent news. The Art of the Matrix was an incredible book, and I am quite excited to see the same for the sequels. They were not small, so I don't expect them anytime soon. But they'll be worth the wait.

I was just wondering about this.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chuck

3. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

How much is retail for the Matrix Comics...I must buy [​IMG].

I hope the scripts for Reloaded and Revolutions are in their respective books, might be some cut out stuff in there.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

5. Andrew Chong

I nearly forgot to update this thread to mention that The Matrix Comics Volume 2 is in shops now.

On a related topic, Geof Darrow, conceptual artist for all three movies (he designed the sentinels among many other things) and Steve Skroce, storyboard artist for all three movies, each have new comic books out too. These books are not really Matrix related. Geof Darrow has Shaolin Cowboy, which I first saw in shops last week, while Steve Skroce has Doc Frankenstein, which I hope to see in shops this week or in the coming weeks.

Shaolin Cowboy is a beautiful book and has Darrow's incredibly detailed style.

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Doc Frankenstein is pretty good. Skroce's art is, of course, beautiful and the concept is the kind of gleeful absurdity that comics do better than any other medium (and I *loved* the Wachowskis' intro in which they chastised comics creators for being unimaginative and trying too hard to mimic movies). Only problem is that some of the Wachowkis' scripting falls flat ("I am a Cesarean inflicted upon the womb of reality") but that's minor.

Shaolin Cowboy was hilarious, too [​IMG]

7. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    SC had sick art. I haven't checked out DF yet, as I haven't really collected comics in a long while (Geof Darrow gets a pass).

I'm still quite interested in an Art of R & R. Anyone with news?

Thanks,
    Chuck

8. Andrew Chong

Thank you Andy for your thoughts on Doc Frankenstein; I look forward to picking it up.

9. Andrew Chong

Just picked up the second issues for both Doc Frankenstein and Shaolin Cowboy. From my quick glances, they look amazing.

Shaolin Cowboy Number 2 maintains that heavier/thicker paper quality (which I like) used for Number 1.

10. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

I would love a well written series of Matrix books. Emphasis on *well written*; not the schlock crap on the "franchise tie-in" shelf in my bookstore for Star Trek/Wars and what not, but actual good stories set in the Matrix universe.

It'd be so cool.