What's new

Mating Richard Gray and Equitech?? (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
I know these items are a little pricy, but I was wondering if anyone out there has mated the two products in any fashion? Have you seen any improvement based on the two different brands working together?

I have the model 2Q from equitech and 4 Richard Gray 400's. I have the Richard Gray's plugged into the wall outlets, along with the Equitech (20A circuits). My 2 amps are plugged into the wall outlets as well. The rest of my system (tv plus sources) are plugged into the Equitech. I've noticed that the Equitech drops the noise floor significantly and the RG's create an amazing black level on my CRT HDTV. RG suggests star clustering there units. But it seems like a lot of trial and error is needed here to figure out what works and what does not.

Just seeing if anyone else has had any experience with this?

Thanks,
Gareth

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well unless Gray's made changes in his units, star clustering ought to make things worse insofar as the units acting as a 'reservoir' of power. Ever thought of just running a separate line off a subpanel that's got an isolation transformer wired in?

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with you regarding the star clustering. I have one unit per outlet, leaving one plug open. With power its just very hard to separate marketing hype from theory from tangible results.

I think that is a good suggestion, just not very user friendly. I think the external Equitech box is an easier solution so it can travel if I move.

Just wondering if you plugged RG's into the Equitech if it would have any good effect. Or plugged into the same outlet as the Equitech.

What I'm looking to gain is tangible results that I can see and hear.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I had two 400s's at one time. I tried plugging all video into one, audio into the other, and then all digital vs all analog. No matter what I tried, I just didn't get that much benefit.

Maybe Chu can chime in, but suspecting that maybe they didn't do anything, I hit up a EE friend of mine, and he was pretty insistent that for an inductor to do *anything* within the circuit, that it had to be wired in series. FWIW.

I have a 2Q now. At least in my system, the 400s's were not necessary. The 2Q does all I need. And, ... the 2Q is based on the scientific principal of common mode noise rejection. Not some mumbo jumbo about an "electronic flywheel" or however the RGPCs are marketed today.

But that was my system. Yours might be different. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks