What's new

Matcing - BIC DV62CLR-S w/ Fluance front/surrounds (1 Viewer)

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I'm sure you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats in breathless anticipation to see whether I would choose Fluance or BIC America for my HT speakers (hmm...is that silence the sound of grand indifference? ;) ). Well, I'm replacing the center first and I'm pretty much set on getting the BIC DV62CLR-S center channel. I've just heard too much good about it across the board from many sources and there's not enough info and reviews out there of the Fluance AV-SC, so BIC it is.

However, I haven't decided for sure but I'm really warming to the idea of using the Fluance Bipoles for rears and the Fluance SV-6'sfor fronts. The reason for the SV-6's honestly is that I just really like the way they look and I think that makes them more "wife-friendly" and I've heard lots of good about the bipoles from those who have them. So anyway, do you think I'll have matching problems here? I've heard it said that having speakers from the same company all around isn't as key as it's made out. Sorry to bug ya'll so much about these petty little cheap speakers but it's important to me. I want to make the best decision as I'll have this setup for at least 3 to 5 years until I can start affording some high-end stuff. I hope all my questions about these speakers in various threads isn't breaking forum etiquette...I'm new here.

One more little thing...has anyone heard the BIC 62 bookshelf speakers and the Fluance SV-6's that can compare the two? Or has anyone just heard the Fluance SV'6's? What did you think? I can only find one review of those particular speakers on the net.

A big thanks to all those who've taken time to reply to my questions!

brad cook

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I would hold off on the center for a few months (i personally am) because fluance is going to be releasing the sv center which will be designed to match the sv6 bookshelfs. Im assuming it will be the same beach wood finish.

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man...that would be beautiful, I didn't think about the idea that the new center would have that finish but you're probably right... Are you sure the SV cc is going to match the SV-6's or is it going to match the SV-10's? For some reason I'm thinking that I heard that the 6's and 10's are not matched to each other and that no one was really sure which ones the new SV center was going to be matched too.

brad cook

Jimi C

Screenwriter
You should email them and ask which its going to be designed for. I emailed them on a whim and asked if they were going to release a center to match the sv speakers and all i got back was, "yes there will be an sv center in the next 6 months". They will help you if you email them. They have great customer support. I was planning on getting the avsc but now that i know about the sv center i decided to hold off. I do plan on ordering it as soon as it shows up on there site though.:D Im assuming its going to be slightly more expensive than the avsc.

JasonMcK

Auditioning
I personally own the dv62clr-s and a pair of DV62SIBs. I just love them. I have not compared them to any of the Fluance models, but I have compared them to some of the name brands at BB and CC. There are no other bookshelves out there that come close in terms of value. Sure, you could spent hundreds or thousands more and find much better speakers, but why do that?

Anyway, I think you can be happy with your decision to go with the BIC center. Definitely keep those DV62SIB's in mind when you think about surrounds.

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator

I emailed them the following message:

"Will the upcoming SV center channel be voice-matched to the SV-10 speakers or the SV-6 speakers? Thanks."

They replied:

"Yes it will."
:rolleyes:

Either they are saying that those two sets of speakers are v-matched to each other and the center will match both of them or they didn't fully read the question. Their answer is to vague to interpret the meaning.

brad cook

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
JaconMck,

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll most likely end up with BICs all around.

brad cook

Jimi C

Screenwriter
okay, perhaps i over stated when i said "great customer service", but they do respond.

Ecost on the otherhand takes the money and runs. They might as well just use a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks