What's new

Matching Receiver for Energy Take 5.2 system (1 Viewer)

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
No such thing. Listen to a bunch and pick one that sounds good to you, has the features you want and has a remote control you can live with.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Buy a receiver with headroom. Power to spare and/or pre-outs. Pre-outs for expandability (adding a separate power amp later on), and power which will give you more dynamic capability and better sound (usually). Alas, power ratings are not the same from manufacturer to manufacturer, so try out a few receivers. I run mine with an H/K 225 with which I can clip my Take 5.2s (the receiver clips, not the speakers). It sounds good, but it lacks power for the very dynamic organ music I listen to. But this is something of a rare situation, all the pop/rock/movies I play on it, it is more than able to put out a good deal of volume.

Each situation is different, each set of ears is different. Speakers are the most critical, but the amps must be there to back it up. As a good reference point, start by looking at what powered the speakers when you auditioned them and what ended up making you buy them. Go from there.

Mike Huber

Agent
I have an Integra dtr6.3 with my energy system,c-1 fronts,and take 5+1's in the back, (Upgraded my fronts from the smaller satelites) and love how it sounds. The receiver wasnt cheap but well worth it in my opinion. Go to a store and sit down and really take a good listen to them.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The receiver runs out of power and creates distortion, which you hear as pops and crackles in the speakers.

ScottMP

Auditioning
I am running a Denon 3803 with my Take 5.2's and the system sounds wonderful. All formats. In a relatively small bedroom. Highly recommended.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Kiran,

it would also help if you gave a price bracket for the receiver. I gather since you are picking up the Take 5.2's that you are using them in a smaller room? If so, I would say the Denon 2803($799 retail but can be had for $550-$600)would offer the processing and upgradibility that you would need for a somewhat future proof (there really is no such thing in electronics) product. Heck, they're even available in silver now!

Hope this helps,

Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks