What's new

matching rear speaker & Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

kyutaek

Agent
I decided to buy Epos ELS-3 as main and center channel speaker. What would be the best matching rear speakers and subwoofer? I think I can buy additional pair and use it as rear speakers. But, I would prefer to go with another brand (possibly, the one designed for rear surround speakers). I got a lot of posts regarding subwoofer in this forum. If my room size is 16x15 and don't want to bother my neighbor, which brand/model would be suit for me?
(I got Onkyo NR801 receiver) My budget would be $500-600 combined.

Also, where would be the ideal location for subwoofer?

Philip>L

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be using 4 ELS-3s for front and surround speakers with the ELS-3C as the center and a SVS 20-39 PCi+ subwoofer.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
If you are in control of matching speakers all around, then that's the best thing to do. Getting and using the Epos ELS-3 for your surrounds will be allow smoother pans from front to back since the speakers are matched. The idea is to timbre match the speakers for better sound. As to the Sub, it's there to compliment and add "THUD" to your sound. Your main and surrounds will not be putting out the same level hz like the sub. I'm not familiar with Epos, but any sub would do as long as it can go as low as 30hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks