What's new

Matching front 3 speakers...problems? Paradigm (1 Viewer)

Mike_Black

Grip
I am in the market for new speakers, and I am highly considering Paradigm monitor 9 or 11's. My question is, I am interested in maybe purchasing a center channel from the reference lineup..most likely the CC-470,but maybe the CC-570.

How will this affect my setup? Will this throw everything off balance? I have read alot of people saying to stay within the same lineup and company..but would bumping the center to the higher lineup be that big of an issue?

Any help would be great :)
thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Studios have a different sound to them and they will not be an ideal match. However, I had a v3 CC370 and I paired it up with V3 40s and they seemed to blend very decently. If you are looking at 11s though, you'd be better off with 60s and the 470.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100%. Better off stepping into the studios full-fledged. I'm more of a 2-channel buff, so I'd step up the mains before I'd do the center. but if you want really good vocal clarity in movies, I can see why you'd want a better center. IMO, you should definitely move to refs across the front, 9 or 11's are fine, but they only provide more bass than other speakers in the monitor line. The refs, especially the V3s, are quite a step up, and well worth it. My .02.

(also, I've only briefly heard the V3s, and separate from V2s, though I feel the V3s are better, regardless they both are a significant improvement from the monitor series. I currently am using mini-monitors, and while I sing nothing but praise, there's no way I'd get 9s or 11s, I'd go studios (or something comparable) all the way.)

Mike_Black

Grip
I was worried you guys would say that! :)

I guess my main concern is cost, and I am trying to balance the both. I was hoping that the solution would be to get those 3 speakers but maybe that isn't such a great idea. I think I will setup an audition and see how exactly they do sound though. Unfortunately from my local dealer the 60's are about 5-700$ more than the monitor 9's..which is a large differance.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You don't have to get the 60s. 20s or 40s should do wonderfully as well, if you have a good sube to handle the bass. Paradigm does a pretty good job in bass extension, so you won't be missing much at all if you go with a smaller bookshelf.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Agreed, if you don't need floorstanders, the 40s are a very good speaker. The 40s will actually generate a bit more SPL in room than the 60s, though they don't have a ton of bass. They handle the mids and highs very well, and can take plenty of power. I listened to the 40s in my system, and then with the 470 at my dealer, but ended up going with 3 GR Research A/V-2s instead (sounded better in my system and cost less $USD).

Mike_Black

Grip
It's terrible to say this because in some cases this could actually hurt me..but I prefer towers...I don't like the look of a bookshelf up front and I am kinda big on how my system looks..like I am definetely only looking for a tower type speaker :frowning:

I'll just try and swing a great deal on the 60's ;) I love the way they sound..so it would be worth the extra cash I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks