What's new

matching ev-t35's to 6" woofer (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I found (3) electrovoice t-35's [originals] and wanted to build myself 3 matching front speakers. what woofer would match well with the tweeter horn? I aquired the t-35's because of the retro looking horns and their reputation. if anyone has worked with these before, please advise

Ron Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
The EV T-35s are good tweeters. As far as woofers go, what are you looking for? If you are going to match them to a subwoofer, then I would recommend going with something in the higher efficiency catagory, like the Eminence Alpha 6, at 97db/w. I would probably even be inclined to use an 8" driver, like the Eminence Alpha 8, or the Beta 8. These are all rated at 97db/w, and can all use a relatively small box (under 1 ft3). The T-35 is a diffraction horn, which means it should be mounted in the vertical direction, which will give it its greatest horizontal dispersion. The T-35 was rated at 104db/w, so you will need to 'pad' it down to match the woofers output. It was made to cross over at 3500 Hz. I would use at least a 2nd order crossover, as the VC is rated at 5w long term average. You may also want to consider using 2 Alpha 6 woofers per box, in D'Appolito configuration. This would boost overall efficiency even more, and you may not need to pad the tweeter. This would give you a very high efficiency system, easily used with just a couple of watts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks