What's new

Matching center for Vandersteen 2ce fronts? (1 Viewer)

Timothy crow

Auditioning
I plan on getting the Vandersteen 2ce fronts ... they sound great. I want to get a good center to match, but I'm having more difficulty.

Though I haven't heard the vandersteen VCC-1 center, it hasn't gotten great reviews on the Home Theater sites. Anyone with a VCC-1 like to voice a different opinion? I know that I should listen to it myself, but the local dealer is about 2 hours away.

Should I consider using a different manufacturer? I can't justify the price of the VCC-1 "signature" or the model five center. A Speaker line that I feel might match is Paradigm. I like the studio 100's and haven't heard the center, but many owners rave. Any comments from you vandy/paradigm owners.

/TC

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I've heard the vcc-1, and it's very satisfying. It's a coaxial design. A bit different philosophy than other companies about center channelism, but it sounded very natural and satisfying. Plus, it matches their other speakers. I'd go for it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have a VCC-1 for my 1Cs and it does the job quite fine. It may not be the best center in the world, but I can't say that it is disappointing. To be honest, most centers make compromises.

You can also try going without a center and do the "phantom center" with the imaging from the fronts.. The disadvantage is that it might not sound as good if you aren't sitting in the sweet spot. (That's the reason why the center speaker was created in the first place...)

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks