What's new

Match Game 73-82 Holdup (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Tuesday marked the 40th Anniversary of this classic game show and it's well over 7 years since The Best of Match Game came out in 2006. So does anyone know what the cause for the holdup is for this classic game show?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Mill Creek Entertainment distrubuted all the Fremantle Media Enterprises game show dvd's, there still around aren't they?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
darkrock17 said:
Mill Creek Entertainment distrubuted all the Fremantle Media Enterprises game show dvd's, there still around aren't they?
No, Mill Creek sublicensed and rereleased the already prepared and released box sets.

BCI had the license for the shows originally, and they closed their doors in late '08/early '09.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Oh, I only have the re-release dvd, so I thought Mill Creek had thr rights to the show. If BCI is RIP who now has the rights to Match Game as well as the Filmation library?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
darkrock17 said:
Oh, I only have the re-release dvd, so I thought Mill Creek had thr rights to the show. If BCI is RIP who now has the rights to Match Game as well as the Filmation library?
For Filmation stuff, Classic Media owns the actual shows (they succeeded Entertainment Rights). I think they self-released that single volume of Isis a couple years back.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The thing for me though, is that because Match Game was a daily show it also tended to have a running storyline of sorts with game play and the problem with releasing a limited number of shows on DVD out of sequence is that you end up with a lot of shows that will have incomplete game play and leave you hanging. This problem wouldn't exist for the weekly syndicated "Match Game PM" and in the daily syndicated version of 1979-1982 (the weakest era of the show) each week would have to end "clean" because a week's worth of shows were "bicycled" like in the old days of syndicated programs. But for the core era it's more helpful to watch it unfold and see the show develop and no one is going to release some 1500 episodes overall. (Of course it's easier for me to say this since I have almost all episodes recorded from GSN; there were some weeks GSN couldn't clear, involving respectively TPIR model Anitra Ford and Valerie Bertinelli; GSN also censored and removed from the rerun package two shows that used the word "Queer" a certain way)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Maybe Shout! would be willing to take up the charge here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks