What's new

Matantz CC4000 standby mode? (1 Viewer)

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
I always thought that my Marantz CC4000 CD player had to be turned on and off at the unit itself since there is no power button or standby on its remote, and I couldn't find anything in the documentation on how to power on and off remotely (except through a switched outlet). Well, I just got a Marantz sr8200 receiver which comes with the ProntoNEO-like RC3200 remote. Just for kicks, I put the input source to CD and pressed the power button on the remote and much to my surprise, the unit appeared to turn off, or at least go into some kind of sleep mode, since the entire front display went away. Pushing power again, or any of the buttons on the CD player woke it up. Of course, it only works when the physical power button is "in". Anybody have any insight as to why this would work with an RC3200, but not its own remote (or the RC7000SR from my old Marantz SR7000)?

Thanks,
Chris

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
There are discrete on/off codes for the CC4000, but the remote doesn't have them. In fact, the remote for the CC4000 is pretty lame overall. I programmed the discrete codes into my Marantz RC5000 remote and it works beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks