What's new

Masters of the universe 80s cartoon dvd! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Today at my local k mart i was looking in the 5.00 dvd bin, and i see a masters of the universe cartoon dvd ! Its from the 80s cartoon , the dvd is called masters of the universe dragon commemorative edition, and only has 1 episode. On the back it says copyright mattel 2001. Its the episode where skeletor unleashes fire breathing dragons on eternia, and he man must save the world from them and beastman. The quality of the dvd is suprisingly good, i think this is a rare find that i got. The dvd sounds like its 2.0 stereo sound, and it runs 22 minutes.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Here's the scoop:

That's actually a drinking game.

Every time someone says "He-Man" you have to take a sip. When he yanks out that sword, you've gotta chug.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Since it's copyright Mattel, I wonder if this is something that was packaged with the re-release of the He-Man figures a year or so ago. Maybe they had a surplus?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
As far as I know, only VHS tapes where released, despite DVD requests from fans. ANd the title is Dragon Invasion :).

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
When you put the dvd in and the episode starts its called dragon invasion, but the case of the dvd reads dragon commemorative edition, go figure !

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely going with the figure theory. They did re-release the figures a year or two ago and maybe some had that packaged with it.

I'd go to my K-Mart to look but geez, one episode only? I'll pass.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I was just talking with a friend of mine, that used to work for kaybee, asked him about this and he said that about 2 years ago they had a very limited run of this dvd packaged with a he man action figure. So i guess they just yanked the dvd off that and are selling it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
"Dibs" means "I claim it", essentially. Guess it doesn't matter. I'll definately check my local stores, but I don't put too much stock into running across this.

Hopefully the official releases aren't too far off! I hope, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks