What's new

Masters of Horror (1 Viewer)

Kamyar-MZ

Auditioning

Just wanted to tell you guys, that over here in Germany "Imprint" is coming out on DVD in May. I don't know if there is going to be any supplementary material on it or if it's uncensored.

I hope "Anchor Bay" is going to release the first Season in one "Box Set" (Maybe they will, when "Season 2" airs), although the "Cover Artwork" for the first two DVDs looks beautiful.

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
Here in the US I am not too happy with Showtime. They are making us buy the episode if we want to see it. It would not be a problem for me except I have to pay to get Showtime. If Masters of Horror aired on a free channel then no problem and I could understand. I think this is just a way for Showtime to make more money. It is obvious they care nothing about their subscribers. We were promised 13 episodes on Showtime and not 12 on Showtime with the last only on dvd. It is no wonder that Showtime is no longer the highly rated channel it was just a few years ago. I bet that if dvd was not around the episode would air. I'll stop my rant. At least Germany gets to see it. I wonder if other countries will also?

SeanC

Agent
Well, Showtime wouldn't be making any money off the DVDs, only Anchor Bay. Anchor Bay's parent company IDT produced all the episodes, Showtime only came into the picture after the episodes were produced and agreed to air them. Originally they were just going to premiere on DVD. From what I've heard, "Imprint" is very gory and hard to watch, and Showtime realized they could either show it early in the morning when less viewers would be watching, or let it premiere on DVD. Why are you mad at Showtime for not airing it? Did you specifically order Showtime just to watch the series?

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
I am just mad that I pay for Showtime and now I have to pay for something that should air on their network if I want to see it. Not a big deal but it just bugs me.

Rolando

Screenwriter
I having been trying forever to catch this on "Scream" our horror themed channel.

Unfortunately having kids around at 8 and 9 pm when it airs and beeing worned out by 1 and 2 am when it airs again I keep missing these.

I was hoping to hear DVD releases would not be far off.

I can't wait to get my hands on these!

Rolando

Screenwriter
WHAT THE F*CK???

I just went to Anchor Bay's site to get some info and when I clicked on the Masters Of Horror Pic/Ad/Link I got this:

We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.

What the? Canadians aren't good enough to read info on the net? What gives?

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
No box set? And only single-episode discs? I've been waiting for this because I don't get Showtime. If this is how the show is being sold, it's a rip off.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know I'm the minority but I like the way they're releasing them since I only want the John Carpenter episode. I figured that a Season One set was going to be $60 to $80 and I was prepared to spend it but AB made it easy for me (and screwed the people who want them all really, really hard).

They'll probably bundle them all together as a S1 set and drop the price significantly after they release all the individual discs. AB does that with movies so I don't think it's hard to see them doing it with episodes that should be released together.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

I agree because so far these are the only ones I want to own.

March 28th

($16.98 SRP) Masters of Horror - John Carpenter: Cigarette Burns (Ep. # 8)

May 9th

($16.98 SRP) Masters of Horror - Don Coscarelli: Incident On and Off A Mountain Road (Ep. # 1)

June 27th

($16.98 SRP) Masters of Horror - John Landis: Deer Woman (Ep. # 7)

July 18th

($16.98 SRP) Masters of Horror - Larry Cohen: Pick Me Up (Ep. # 9)

Episodes 1, 8 and 9 are my favorites. :)

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but for the price you're paying for those, you could have acquired the whole season in a reasonably-priced four-disc box set.
Greed is the only motivation in this release.
I've seen a handful of the episodes, and some I liked and some I didn't, but I really looked forward to have the whole season. Now I won't be getting any, because I didn't see any worth the price they're asking.
Maybe they should have released their Three's Company sets only one episode at a time, and fans would be just as pleased?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I plan on picking up "Sick Girl" and possibly a few others. I've only seen two of them, but I absolutely love Angela Bettis and Lucky Mckee. OnDemand people don't have to pay extra as far as I know.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah this release plan is real dissapointing. I want all on the above list except for "Homecoming" and "Deer Woman" but not at the price it will cost me for the 7 episodes I want. Plus there are still 4 more episodes for them to release so this series DVD release is being dragged out over the whole year it appears. Maybe if sales are poor they may release a box set later. I saw these in HD so that makes this release appear even more expensive for individual non-HD releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks