Masters Degree online legitimate?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Berti, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Bruce Berti

Bruce Berti Stunt Coordinator

Heres the story. My wife just finished her undergraduate study and got her degree in Psychology. She wants to pursue her Masters. The problem is the closest College to us for that is approximately an hour and a half each way. She works a full time job, and with two children, you would really have to burn the candle at both ends. There are several accredited Colleges with online Masters programs. My question is do you believe a future employer would snub her if they realized her Masters was achieved online? I appreciate any input.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The degree would just be a Masters frmo that school, there would be no mention of online in there

3. Bruce Berti

Bruce Berti Stunt Coordinator

Understood, but what if the potential employer recognized the facility as being out of state and asked how she accomplished going there.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I wouldn't think they would care, she has a degree from an acredited university

5. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Jeff is correct as long as it is a College/University that has an actual campus then they couldnt tell if you were taking classes online to get your Masters or if you physically went to the college. The University of Phoenix is one program that is well touted and if you are looking for a Great college that is ranked among one of the best to get a degree from in the Western US check out Linfield college. Its a private college that has just opened up getting your masters online. I am just not sure if they will let you take ALL of your classes online but you can check them out. www.linfield.edu I believe.

KyleS