What's new

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World delayed... again... (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Whatta hell? Does this really mean that e.g. "Patton", "The Longest Day", "The Sand Pebbles", "A Bridge Too Far" and "Battle of Britain" are all coming in HD??

AWESOME NEWS! (if that´s the case)

I couldn´t care less if "Master and Commander" is delayed, this is some selection for the WW2-buff like myself.. :)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Mrs. Doubtfire in a Father's Day promotion? I looked at that list, and I said to my wife, "Pick the one that doesn't fit". :laugh:

Anyway, another delay for Master and Commander is disappointing indeed. If all seven of those titles make it to market, I will be pleasantly surprised. I am definitely down for Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and Patton. I would consider blind-buying The Longest Day, The Sand Pebbles, A Bridge Too Far and Battle of Britain, but certainly not a Fox/MGM's current catalog title MSRP.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
I was really looking forward to Master and Commander. I guess I'm still looking forward, only now I have to look a little farther.

-Reagan

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I'll believe that 'Master and Commander' has been released, when I'm peeling the cellophane off the case.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Mike,
Because this is the 3rd delay now.
A compressed 754 DTS track won't stand a chance against a DTS Master lossless track.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Considering that it's already been released in Europe, I have no doubt that it's coming. I wish they didn't feel the need to wait until Father's Day though.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Maybe they'll take advantage of the delay to ensure all of the copious and quality extras on the MASTER AND COMMANDER: Collector's Edition SD are carried over. I won't be buying the Blu-ray unless they are...

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

The Blu-Ray fun never stops at the house of Fox!!

Now if I don't believe this excuse does that mean I'm overly pessimistic? Or is Fox just full of shit? Wasn't Ronin supposedly delayed for Fathers Day also? FWIW It's nice to see Patton on their new list of vaporware titles, just seeing these great titles in print is just as fun as actually physically having a BD and watching the film in High Def.

BTW Is Robin Williams in drag really that big a hit with other dads? I'm a dad and I'd rather put my nuts in a vice and give it a couple of turns than to sit through Mrs Doubtfire again. Swap Mrs D with The Great Escape or The Magnificent Seven and I'd be more excited........wait.......no I won't because these will either never get officially announced or they'll be delayed into 2009.

Thanks for what's sure to be a very special Fathers Day Fox. Job well done!

[End Rant]

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

You want them to announce titles AND release them for people to purchase as well??! Why not ask for the world as well? Pfft.

I agree, Mrs. Doubtfire isn't exactly a movie you'd target fathers with... or most males. I bet Doubtfire gets released on schedule too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks