What's new

Master and Commander Collector's Edition: "Canadian" Version (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I just thought I'd mention that this is the same as the U.S. version, for those who'd still like to pre-order and maybe save a few bucks (cost me US$19), and as such would like to know the "Canadian" version is "safe". The only bilingual printing on any of the package documents is a non-glued (i.e. removable - New Line: note this!) outer cover page. I have just got around to viewing this after having it for almost a week, and you are free to remotely slap me a few times for that, it is deserved, and I will be more careful where I get my medication in future.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the confirmation Craig.

I preordered this through Amazon.ca w/ a $5 coupon - $23 CDN. Glad to know it's unchanged from the US version.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
Fox has been really good with maintaining the original packaging for their Canadian customers. :emoji_thumbsup:

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Could someone post or refer the current Amazon.ca coupons? I'd appreciate it as others would too I'm sure. Surprisingly, they almost never pop up on the Bargains area.

Guess someone should make mention of M & C at Amazon.ca there too if no one has.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Oh, just realized the original poster was Canadian. Not sure I'll save too much when I tack on the shipping sharge.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hi Jean Paul!

Oh man I'm glad I ordered it when I did!!

Amazon sometimes does this. Yes, my preorder amount was only $28.69. I used a $5 coupon code I found over at DVDTalk. This brought it down to $23.69. I'll post them in this thread later tonight if nobody else has.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I used the amazon.ca discount coupon *that expires TODAY* for something else, didn't even pre-order this from amazon and they rarely send stuff out early. They quote a list price of Can$55. Sorry, I just checked and this disc set seems to have drastically gone up in price since I pre-ordered it for Can$25 in Feb...I didn't expect such a hike. I imagine Future Shop will be cheaper than amazon is now.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Here are two Amazon.ca coupon codes:

MAPETRADECAN
$5 off, expires May 31, 2004

MAPSCTELE5Q2
$5 Off - Expires May 31, 2004

Sorry, I can't remember which one I used recently, but it did work. Too bad the price shot up for M&C.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Heh....thanks a bunch Jean Paul. They are very nice! :)

Too bad I didn't preorder Star Wars when it was lower. $69.99 does seem quite high for it now though. Maybe it will come down again shortly.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yes, thanks JP! OT, but I just used one of your codes on the Scarface gift set...at $17.50 after $5 discount that's less than I paid for the 2-disc edition I think...it's the 1932 version I want.

Re the Star Wars, I'm thinking Future Shop will sell this similarly to Indy, at about $50-55 and with some discount promotions, why I didn't pre-order. IIRC recently the box sets (Alien, Indy, etc.) are very competitively priced at FS, though not in the league of some places if you pay well in advance.

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
Good idea I pre-ordered for only $28.69 with a $5 coupon, bringing it down to $23.69.

I recommend pre-ordering. If you find a cheaper price later, you can always cancel before it's shipped without being charged for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks