What's new

Mass for Passive Radiators... (1 Viewer)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Where do you get modeling clay to add mass to a PR? Is there any method for secure attachment? Are there better substances (besides clay) to use? Thanks!

Travis Cain

Stunt Coordinator
Modeling clay works great because it's sticky enough to stay in place all on it's own.. Just make sure to pack it against the edges so it sticks.. It works great in combination with fender washers if you need a lot of mass as it will hold them in place well.. no worries about them falling out or rattling around.. Plus you can always dig it all out fairly easily if you ever want to change your tuning..

I think modeling clay can be found at your local hobby/craft type stores.. Fender washers at home depot or anywhere that sells washers/hardware..

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Thanks Travis... I was worried about the clay vibrating loose from the PR (It sounds like a non-issue?).

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Travis?

Where do you get fender washers?

Edit: Nevermind I see they're just normal washers like I can buy at the hardware store.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks